Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ABPW - Would someone please post a link?

I can't find my way to ABPW. It doesn't come up in the list of Google
groups under 'alt.' And I can't Google search my way to it.

It seems like some isp carry it and some don't. With a live link I'm
hoping to do an end run around the interference.

alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

A link would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 6, 11:16*am, KIMOSABE wrote:

It seems like some isp carry it and some don't. *With a live link I'm
hoping to do an end run around the interference.

alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

A link would be greatly appreciated. *Thanks in advance.

Some carry it and some don't - that is correct. Posting a link won't
help unless it is a replayer (like the generous Mr. Delorie used to
have!) to show binaries.

Google groups is NOT a binary access point. GG is for text only when
reading the newgroups/usenet.

I was glad to see Lenny's great looking tool box wind up on Picasa as
it affords a lot more access. With more and more ISPs dropping
newsgroups altogether, I really don't know why anyone would post on
ABF anyway.

But... that's just me. If I took the time to post pics for everyone
to see, then... I guess I would want everyone to see my pics.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

KIMOSABE wrote:
I can't find my way to ABPW. It doesn't come up in the list of Google
groups under 'alt.' And I can't Google search my way to it.

It seems like some isp carry it and some don't. With a live link I'm
hoping to do an end run around the interference.

alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

A link would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Google doesn't carry/archive binary news groups.

Most of the major ISP's have dropped the binary groups as well.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

" writes:
Some carry it and some don't - that is correct. Posting a link won't
help unless it is a replayer (like the generous Mr. Delorie used to
have!) to show binaries.

Still have: http://www.delorie.com/wood/ down near the bottom
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 6, 4:01*pm, DJ Delorie wrote:
" writes:
Some carry it and some don't - that is correct. *Posting a link won't
help unless it is a replayer (like the generous Mr. Delorie used to
have!) to show binaries.

Still have:http://www.delorie.com/wood/down near the bottom

Thanks. Worked like a charm. I have Comcast, so I guess I lucked
out. I came across an article online that said Verizon blocked a lot
of the alt.binaries sites because of porn problems, but didn't say
which ones.

I like your site. You've got me interested in fooling around with the
method for drawing an egg. My bet going in is that there will be
golden ratio in there somewhere. If so, starting with a major
diameter of 8 should produce a height of 21. The trick will be
whether using 5 for the uppermost arc will line up with the sides.
These are all Fibonacci numbers. 1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55, etc.

Your tip on using the router for jointing is a gem.

Thanx again.

Posted to rec.woodworking

" writes:
Some carry it and some don't - that is correct. Posting a link
won't
help unless it is a replayer (like the generous Mr. Delorie used
have!) to show binaries.

Still have:http://www.delorie.com/wood/down near the bottom

Thanks. Worked like a charm. I have Comcast, so I guess I lucked
out. I came across an article online that said Verizon blocked a
lot
of the alt.binaries sites because of porn problems, but didn't say
which ones.

They did not "block sites", they removed those groups from their
USENET servers.

I like your site. You've got me interested in fooling around with
the
method for drawing an egg. My bet going in is that there will be
golden ratio in there somewhere. If so, starting with a major
diameter of 8 should produce a height of 21. The trick will be
whether using 5 for the uppermost arc will line up with the sides.
These are all Fibonacci numbers. 1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55, etc.

Your tip on using the router for jointing is a gem.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

" writes:

Some carry it and some don't - that is correct. Posting a link won't
help unless it is a replayer (like the generous Mr. Delorie used to
have!) to show binaries.

Still have:http://www.delorie.com/wood/down near the bottom

Thanks. Worked like a charm. I have Comcast, so I guess I lucked
out. I came across an article online that said Verizon blocked a lot
of the alt.binaries sites because of porn problems, but didn't say
which ones.

snip

Verizon dropped the entire "alt." group. According to the articles I
read Comcast was supposed to drop all newsgroup access starting last
September 17th.

Can you still access the news groups via Comcast's/Giganews server?

(Example
"[Newsgroups] The Comcast Newsgroups Service Discontinued

The Comcast Newsgroups service, powered by Giganews will be discontinued
as of September 17th. Existing customers will continue to be able to
access the service until October 25th.

This decision is in alignment with other Internet Service Providers that
have recently terminated their Newsgroups service due to the declining
popularity of Newsgroups as customers chose other methods, such as RSS
feeds and web browsing to access information."

http://www.broadbandreports.com/foru...e-Discontinued

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

" writes:
Some carry it and some don't - that is correct. Posting a link
won't
help unless it is a replayer (like the generous Mr. Delorie used
have!) to show binaries.

Still have:http://www.delorie.com/wood/down near the bottom

Thanks. Worked like a charm. I have Comcast, so I guess I lucked
out. I came across an article online that said Verizon blocked a
lot
of the alt.binaries sites because of porn problems, but didn't say
which ones.

They did not "block sites", they removed those groups from their
USENET servers.

Over reaction to some of the child-porn scum taking over dead
newsgroups

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ralph E Lindberg" wrote in message
Over reaction to some of the child-porn scum taking over dead
newsgroups

I believe ISP's just used child-porn as their vehicle to get rid of usenet
as an unprofitable venture. Rogers cable got rid of it about two years ago
by offering the reasoning that not enough people were using it. Roger's
didn't bother to lower their monthly fees by one cent. I dumped them the
same week and went to an ISP for 30% less that does include usenet in their
service. The Rogers sales agent at the time who took my call to cancel their
service wasn't too happy with my explanation for why I was dumping them.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Upscale wrote:
"Ralph E Lindberg" wrote in message
Over reaction to some of the child-porn scum taking over dead
newsgroups

I believe ISP's just used child-porn as their vehicle to get rid of usenet
as an unprofitable venture. Rogers cable got rid of it about two years ago
by offering the reasoning that not enough people were using it. Roger's
didn't bother to lower their monthly fees by one cent. I dumped them the
same week and went to an ISP for 30% less that does include usenet in their
service. The Rogers sales agent at the time who took my call to cancel their
service wasn't too happy with my explanation for why I was dumping them.

They were looking for a reason to dump usenet for years.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 6, 3:01 pm, DJ Delorie wrote:
" writes:

Some carry it and some don't - that is correct. Posting a link won't
help unless it is a replayer (like the generous Mr. Delorie used to
have!) to show binaries.

Still have:http://www.delorie.com/wood/down near the bottom

Excellent! I thought it was gone. It has proven to be a great asset
for many I know.

Thanks!

Robert