Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Kreg Project CD

Folks I am new to this group but have been playing around with
woodworking for awhile and just recently was given a Kreg Pocket Hole
Jig. I am a 64 year old grandfather laid off from my job of 35 years
and raising two grandkids so I am on a very limited income. I am
interested in the Kreg Project CD and was wondering if anyone had
purchased it and what they thought of it. I do not have money to waste
so I am looking for advice from you experienced woodowrkers whether or
not this is something I should try and purchase. Thanks guys for your
help and allowing me to be part of yuour group.

Wheelterrapin
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Wheelterrapin" wrote in message
Folks I am new to this group but have been playing around with
woodworking for awhile and just recently was given a Kreg Pocket Hole
Jig. I am a 64 year old grandfather laid off from my job of 35 years
and raising two grandkids so I am on a very limited income. I am
interested in the Kreg Project CD and was wondering if anyone had
purchased it and what they thought of it. I do not have money to waste
so I am looking for advice from you experienced woodowrkers whether or
not this is something I should try and purchase. Thanks guys for your
help and allowing me to be part of yuour group.

Wheelterrapin

I am betting that you can find information on the jig at the local library
and or searching Google. The jig is simple to use, I'd suggest
experimenting and practicing. I have been using the Kreg jig for 10 + years
and did not know a CD existed.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Wheelterrapin wrote:
Folks I am new to this group but have been playing around with
woodworking for awhile and just recently was given a Kreg Pocket Hole
Jig. I am a 64 year old grandfather laid off from my job of 35 years
and raising two grandkids so I am on a very limited income. I am
interested in the Kreg Project CD and was wondering if anyone had
purchased it and what they thought of it. I do not have money to waste
so I am looking for advice from you experienced woodowrkers whether or
not this is something I should try and purchase. Thanks guys for your
help and allowing me to be part of yuour group.

If you live near a Woodcraft store, drop in and ask if you can watch
theirs in the store. (Which is what I did.)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 5, 10:07*pm, "Leon" wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the information.

Wheelterrapin
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 5, 10:12*pm, Morris Dovey wrote:
Wheelterrapin wrote:
Folks I am new to this group but have been playing around with
woodworking for awhile and just recently was given a Kreg Pocket Hole
Jig. I am a 64 year old grandfather laid off from my job of 35 years
and raising two grandkids so I am on a very limited income. I am
interested in the Kreg Project CD and was wondering if anyone had
purchased it and what they thought of it. I do not have money to waste
so I am looking for advice from you experienced woodowrkers whether or
not this is something I should try and purchase. Thanks guys for your
help and allowing me to be part of yuour group.

If you live near a Woodcraft store, drop in and ask if you can watch
theirs in the store. (Which is what I did.)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USAhttp://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

I wish I did live near a Woodcraft Store but I don't. I live in North
Central, Aarkansas. I appreciate the response.

Paul

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 22:07:28 -0600, Leon wrote:

I am betting that you can find information on the jig at the local library
and or searching Google. The jig is simple to use, I'd suggest
experimenting and practicing. I have been using the Kreg jig for 10 + years
and did not know a CD existed.

Leon, they give away the CD (DVD?) showing how to use it - or at least
they used to. What the OP is referring to is one showing projects that
can be made using the jig.

I haven't watched it so don't know if it's worth the money or not.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I've got the Kreg " Trim Carpentry" DVD and it's aimed squarely at the
on-site bloke going round tarting places up after the plasterers have moved
on. Interesting but not really hobbyist stuff.

I only heard about PH stuff fairly recently when a friend showed me some
stuff he had done, I tried it and was immediately and completely hooked.
With certain reservations,, this is the best thing since sliced bread.

At the time, I found this book useful.
The Pocket Hole Drilling Jig Project Book

The projects are beginner friendly. and have full drawings and stock cutting
info and yet are "basic building block" technique teachers that you can
mutate into just about anything you like. The whole technique can really be
summed up simply though - cut everything square, clamp components TIGHTLY
together on a flat table before screwing.

Save the money for the DVD and if you haven't already got one, buy a cheap
'lectric mitre saw. If you can effortlessly turn out accurately square-cut
sticks (of the right length,) you are pretty-well sorted.

The Pocket Hole Drilling Jig Project Book (Popular Woodworking) (Paperback)
by Danny Proulx (Author) "A NUMBER OF COMPANIES MANUFAC-ture pocket hole
jigs, and a few specialize in making and supplying different styles of
fastening screws..."*

http://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Drilling-Project-Popular-
Woodworking/dp/155870687
9/ref=pd_bbs_sr_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228583052&sr= 8-6

6*used*from*$13.65

here're all the reviews

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:
Just buy a Kreg Jig? This is the book for you!, January 19, 2008
By*
Kevin L. Cradic (Kansas City area) - See all my reviews
**
This has nice projects even someone just starting out will find they want to
make. Simple instructions with enough drawings and measurements make it a
must have for the new Kreg Jig owner. This will give you enough practice to
make a few things and then move on to bigger and better projects with that
ingenious jig.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews *
Was this review helpful to you?

*Comment

*
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:
BUY THIS BOOK!, December 5, 2007
By*
Nick M - See all my reviews
A terrific book! Well written, clear, concise, with great color photos that
speak volumes. Skip the Kreg TRIM CARPENTRY DVD, and buy this book instead.
Be well.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews *
Was this review helpful to you?

*Comment

*
10 of 13 people found the following review helpful:
Fair to partly Cloudy??? Still GOOD BOOK!!, September 6, 2005
By*
Leslie C. Gapen - See all my reviews
**
I notice this situation alot.. sometime in these books they like to advertise

easy to follow simple to understand complete instructions.. well this book is

better than most I've seen but it still lacks detail on some of the
projects.. the truth is most who buy pocket hole jigs are those who have very

little woodworking experience and need that extra help in details of the book

and plan.. some of the projects in the book are nice and are good starters.
the book also brings home the concepts of the pocket hole jig... this would
be a great book for a beginner.. however if you already understand how to use

a pocket hole jig.. shy away and buy something more challenging.. Danny Proux

.. does a nice job with this Book!!
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews *
Was this review helpful to you?

*Comment

*
20 of 20 people found the following review helpful:
Great tips make this nifty tool even better!, December 23, 2004
By*
Alice McCardell "librarian/woodworker" - See all my reviews
**
I just love this book. I couldn't believe how easy it was to build one of
these tables using Proulx's instructions and techniques. The Kreg jig is
fabulous on it's own but these instructions make using it even easier.

I initially borrowed this book from the library but liked it so much I bought

my own copy. Considering how expensive wood can be, it's well worth the money

to have this to refer to.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews *
Was this review helpful to you?

*Comment

*
18 of 18 people found the following review helpful:
Great source book for those new to building w/pocket holes, May 28, 2004
By*
Arthur Held (Missoula MT) - See all my reviews
**
The color pictures and exploded diagrams are an outstanding introduction and
knowledge builder. Mr. Proulx full color pages helped me solve problems and
understand better ways to use this great joinery technique.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews *
Was this review helpful to you?

*Comment

Posted to rec.woodworking

This has been my motto for life in general "clamp components TIGHTLY
together on a flat table before screwing."

It can be a bit embarrasing if someone comes into the kitchen while
you are doing this though.

*Great source book for those new to building w/pocket holes, May 28, 2004
By*
Arthur Held (Missoula MT) - See all my reviews
***
The color pictures and exploded diagrams are an outstanding introduction and
knowledge builder. Mr. Proulx full color pages helped me solve problems and
understand better ways to use this great joinery technique.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews *
Was this review helpful to you?

*Comment- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.woodworking

Wheelterrapin wrote:
[...]

Paul- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Bill,

Paul

*Great source book for those new to building w/pocket holes, May 28, 2004
By*
Arthur Held (Missoula MT) - See all my reviews
***
The color pictures and exploded diagrams are an outstanding introduction and
knowledge builder. Mr. Proulx full color pages helped me solve problems and
understand better ways to use this great joinery technique.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews *
Was this review helpful to you?

*Comment- Hide quoted text -

I appreciate this information, I will go and check out this book.
Thanks for the help.

Paul

Kreg Lew Hodgett Woodworking 6 April 6th 07 11:20 PM
Kreg Joe Bemier Woodworking 17 November 2nd 06 10:16 PM
kreg Jig screws , anything else you can use? bdeditch Woodworking 11 January 26th 06 02:36 PM
The new Kreg K3 Jig Leon Woodworking 5 September 18th 05 05:26 PM
New Kreg Pocket Hole Jig The K3 Leon Woodworking 28 July 9th 05 05:42 PM