Sonny

Default wood storage bins under a counter... revised question

"Sonny" wrote in message
My daughter wants me to try to build some kind of storage bin under a
counter in her utility room. I was thinking of (9) bins about 15' wide

with
a front lip at an angle like the stackable plastic bins you can buy. Does
any one know were I can get plans or ideas? I was planning on using 1/2"
plywood.

Thanks

O.K. so I made a simple type error. 15" wide
This is what I have in mind but installed under a 45" long counter top.
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...B00006ADXE&alt
%5fview=images#images

Brian in Vancouver, BC

This is probably different from your situation, but I built a cabinet to
store plastic containers for my grandson's toys. It is fairly large at
about 42" W x 42"H x 20"D. It stores 12 containers. I was concerned about
the finished weight and appearance if I used plywood so I made framed
panels. I used 3/4" poplar and varnish oil finish. The intermediate
shelves had frames only (no panels). It was a lot of work to make all
those mortises. (If I did it again I would use dowels - much quicker).
The cabinet is a hit with my daughter and grandson.

See ABPW for photo.

Brian