Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Introduction

I've lurked here for quite a while and I'm enjoying the wealth of
knowledge that is passed on here.

I live in central Alabama with my lovely wife, three kids, three goats, 40
chickens, 100 quail,
1 horse and too many dogs to keep track of.

I raise Pembroke Welsh Corgis and Treeing Walkers as a sideline.

I work at a sawmill in the finishing dept., in the past I have worked at a
log home manufacture, a furniture
plant that made oak tables, a veneer mill and a short stint as a catfish
farmer and electricians helper.

Currently my main project is a 36X48 horse barn, the last rafters go up
today.

I look forward to contributing where I can.

Basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

basilisk wrote:
I've lurked here for quite a while and I'm enjoying the wealth of
knowledge that is passed on here.

Welcome to the wreck!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

Welcome aboard, buddy.

Fear not. EVERYONE has something, somewhere in their experiences that
can be a valuable contribution to the group. Experience is
appreciated, but certainly not required.

Post away!

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 25, 10:56*am, "basilisk" wrote:
I've lurked here for quite a while and I'm enjoying the wealth of
knowledge that is passed on here.

I live in central Alabama with my lovely wife, three kids, three goats, 40
chickens, 100 quail,
1 horse and too many dogs to keep track of.

I raise Pembroke Welsh Corgis and Treeing Walkers as a sideline.

I work at a sawmill in the finishing dept., in the past I have worked at a
log home manufacture, a furniture
plant that made oak tables, a veneer mill and a short stint as a catfish
farmer and electricians helper.

Currently my main project is a 36X48 horse barn, the last rafters go up
today.

I look forward to contributing where I can.

Basilisk

Howdy! Enjoy your stay. Btw.. OT stands for Off Topic and usually not
worth reading, especially if I originated it. G

Now, about those Corgis. Any pics or a site?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
[...]

I do have a site.

http://www.welshpembrokecorgis.com/

Basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 25, 10:56*am, "basilisk" wrote:
I've lurked here for quite a while and I'm enjoying the wealth of
knowledge that is passed on here.

I live in central Alabama with my lovely wife, three kids, three goats, 40
chickens, 100 quail,
1 horse and too many dogs to keep track of.

I raise Pembroke Welsh Corgis and Treeing Walkers as a sideline.

SWMBO really loves Corgis. I prefer Labradorgies, or Corgadors.
Dalmorgi, anyone?

I work at a sawmill in the finishing dept., in the past I have worked at a
log home manufacture, a furniture
plant that made oak tables, a veneer mill and a short stint as a catfish
farmer and electricians helper.

Currently my main project is a 36X48 horse barn, the last rafters go up
today.

I look forward to contributing where I can.

Welcome aboard! Don't let all the off topic stuff or any of the local
curmudgeons scare you off.

JP
Posted to rec.woodworking

basilisk wrote:

I've lurked here for quite a while and I'm enjoying the wealth of
knowledge that is passed on here.

I live in central Alabama with my lovely wife, three kids, three goats, 40
chickens, 100 quail,
1 horse and too many dogs to keep track of.

I raise Pembroke Welsh Corgis and Treeing Walkers as a sideline.

I work at a sawmill in the finishing dept., in the past I have worked at a
log home manufacture, a furniture
plant that made oak tables, a veneer mill and a short stint as a catfish
farmer and electricians helper.

Currently my main project is a 36X48 horse barn, the last rafters go up
today.

I look forward to contributing where I can.

Basilisk

Central Alabama, huh? I am about 30 miles south of Montgomery and the
e-mail address is valid.

Deb
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dr. Deb" wrote in message

I look forward to contributing where I can.

Basilisk

Central Alabama, huh? I am about 30 miles south of Montgomery and the
e-mail address is valid.

Deb

Were a couple of hours apart, I'm about 20 miles south of Tuscaloosa,
It's nice to know I have neighbors here.

Basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

basilisk wrote:

"Dr. Deb" wrote in message

I look forward to contributing where I can.

Basilisk

Central Alabama, huh? I am about 30 miles south of Montgomery and the
e-mail address is valid.

Deb

Were a couple of hours apart, I'm about 20 miles south of Tuscaloosa,
It's nice to know I have neighbors here.

Basilisk

Do you turn, if so, do you know about the Alabama Woodturners?

Deb
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dr. Deb wrote:

basilisk wrote:

"Dr. Deb" wrote in message

I look forward to contributing where I can.

Basilisk

Central Alabama, huh? I am about 30 miles south of Montgomery and the
e-mail address is valid.

Deb

Were a couple of hours apart, I'm about 20 miles south of Tuscaloosa,
It's nice to know I have neighbors here.

Basilisk

Do you turn, if so, do you know about the Alabama Woodturners?

Deb

I do some turning and enjoy it a lot, I've heard of the Alabama Woodturners
but don't know anything about them.

Now that I think about it I haven't turned much since last Christmas
when I finished out some vases for Christmas presents.

I have some Black willow roughed out for bowls, interesting wood
with a dark brown heart, light colored sapwood and light in weight like
poplar.

Basilisk

Introduction [email protected] UK diy 3 April 6th 07 08:42 PM
introduction [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 February 17th 07 10:09 PM
INTRODUCTION Royal Lace Industries Home Repair 0 November 16th 06 03:21 AM
re-introduction Doug Stowe Woodworking 13 September 19th 06 02:40 AM
Introduction Robert Allison Woodworking 10 November 28th 04 07:20 AM