Robert Allison

Default Introduction

OK, I have been lurking in here for about a month, and responded to
a post about clipped head nails. Since I now feel comfortable
posting, I had better introduce myself.

I am a contractor in the central TX area. I am a small operation
and do alot of my own work, still. I mostly do repairs and
remodeling with a bit of new construction thrown in. I have been in
the construction business for about 35 years now, if you count the
part time work in high school, and longer if you count the jobs I
did with my father.

I do a lot of cabinets, both new and repairs. I have been doing
more of this kind of work, and since I like to learn as much as
possible about everything, I have come to this NG to continue my
education. If I have any answers I will be glad to provide them at
no additional charge.

You guys seem to know what you are talking about in here. Good
work!

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Swingman

"Robert Allison" wrote in message ...

I do a lot of cabinets, both new and repairs. I have been doing
more of this kind of work, and since I like to learn as much as
possible about everything, I have come to this NG to continue my
education. If I have any answers I will be glad to provide them at
no additional charge.

Welcome, Robert. Except for the repairs and remodeling, sounds like we do
some of the same things. Among other things, I build about a house a year
(GC), and occasionally do the cabinet work as well, just to keep my hand in.

It is a crisp, bright and beautiful morning here in Houston. The womenfolk
are still in bed, but the turkey is in the oven, the dirty rice dressing is
cooking on the stove, the giblets are simmering away, and the house is
taking on the aroma of Thanksgiving.

Have a good Thanksgiving Day, and good weather to go with it, for a couple
of days at least. I've got a framing crew starting on Monday and it looks
like rain ... of course.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Nova

Robert Allison wrote:

OK, I have been lurking in here for about a month, and responded to
a post about clipped head nails. Since I now feel comfortable
posting, I had better introduce myself.

snip

Hi Robert and welcome aboard. I look forward to your input.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

WoodMangler

Welcome aboard Robert.
There are many folks here who REALLY know what they're talking about.
Their advice should be appreciated and taken seriously.
I'm not one of them, but I enjoy participating anyway.
jo4hn

Robert Allison wrote:
[...]

Just remember that the *spackle* goes on BEFORE painting the cherry
armoire. Anybody whose company is called "Rimshot, Inc." has to be OK.
Welcome Bob.
mahalo,
jo4hn

My Old Tools

Welcome from another Texan

--
Ross
www.myoldtools.com
[...]

John Moorhead

Robert -

Welcome! The best part of the rec is that you don't have to be a member of
the Handyman Club of America to get all of the benefits. Gil already joined
as a lifetime member, so technically, since we are all in the woodworking
"family" I think we are covered.

You gonna eat that?

John Moorhead
Lakeport, CA

Robert Allison

jo4hn wrote:

Robert Allison wrote:
[...]

Our motto: Rimshot,...a SOUND construction company!

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Brett A. Thomas

J T wrote:
Here's the link the the archives. Whatever it is, it's probably
been covered. Repeatedly.

By you.

-BAT