Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cherry Toy Chests

I finished my toy boxes for my two boys! It's a good thing I only
have two kids! Ughh.

See below for link:

Comments welcome.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/CherryToyBoxes.htm
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
I finished my toy boxes for my two boys! It's a good thing I only
have two kids! Ughh.

See below for link:

Comments welcome.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/CherryToyBoxes.htm

You do nice work! I think the kids will enjoy that for a long time.

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 24, 10:08*pm, Chris wrote:
wrote:
I finished my toy boxes for my two boys! *It's a good thing I only
have two kids! *Ughh.

See below for link:

Comments welcome.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/CherryToyBoxes.htm

You do nice work! I think the kids will enjoy that for a long time.

Chris

Thanks Chris! I anticipate a few hundred scrathces, dings, nicks
etc. in the next few months. They look good now, but... :^|
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
I finished my toy boxes for my two boys! It's a good thing I only
have two kids! Ughh.

See below for link:

Comments welcome.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/CherryToyBoxes.htm

Those are the purtiest toy boxes I have ever seen. I trust that they will
soon have a nice patina on them due to their heavy use. Cute kids too.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 24, 10:53*pm, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
wrote in message

I finished my toy boxes for my two boys! *It's a good thing I only
have two kids! *Ughh.

See below for link:

Comments welcome.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/CherryToyBoxes.htm

Those are the purtiest toy boxes I have ever seen. *I trust that they will
soon have a nice patina on them due to their heavy use. *Cute kids too.

Thank you sir. Now if they could only clean their rooms and put the
toys in the box, hmmm...

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote

I finished my toy boxes for my two boys! It's a good thing I only
have two kids! Ughh.

See below for link:

Comments welcome.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/CherryToyBoxes.htm

Well done, sir! I particularly like the legs. You also seem to have done an
excellent job keeping the lids flat throughout the process by the look of
them. And a safety hinge to boot, eh?

BTW, the voice of experience here ... they won't keep their rooms clean or
put toys back in the box until sometime after college. Gives you something
to look forward to ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

Very nice, maybe too nice. A wise and good friend of mine once told me that
you give up your right to expect to own nice things when you have children.
I found that to be basically true. Good luck with those heirlooms.
wrote in message
I finished my toy boxes for my two boys! It's a good thing I only
have two kids! Ughh.

See below for link:

Comments welcome.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/CherryToyBoxes.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 25, 8:02*am, "Swingman" wrote:
wrote

I finished my toy boxes for my two boys! *It's a good thing I only
have two kids! *Ughh.

See below for link:

Comments welcome.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/CherryToyBoxes.htm

Well done, sir! I particularly like the legs. You also seem to have done an
excellent job keeping the lids flat throughout the process by the look of
them. And a safety hinge to boot, eh?

BTW, the voice of experience here ... they won't keep their rooms clean or
put toys back in the box until sometime after college. Gives you something
to look forward to ... *

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Swing,

Thanks! I like a good beefy leg. Well, on furniture that is...

The lid support I bought from Rockler, they are a little on the pricey
side IMHO. They are a pain to install I think, even when you follow
the directions. I found that it is easier to attach the lower end and
temporarily attach the other end to the lid with carpet tape (release
the tension in the hardware first). This ensures that it will close
properly before you make a bunch of holes.

Glad to see you are still on the wREC!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 25, 5:58*pm, "d.williams" wrote:
Very nice, maybe too nice. A wise and good friend of mine once told me that
you give up your right to expect to own nice things when you have children.

Jewelery Chests X 2 Part 1 Leon Woodworking Plans and Photos 16 December 22nd 07 04:24 AM
Jewelery Chests X 2 Part 2 Leon Woodworking Plans and Photos 22 December 21st 07 04:58 AM
Opinions on Deep Freezer Chests Bill Home Repair 5 September 18th 05 05:30 PM
TOOL CHESTS J T Woodworking 4 February 24th 05 09:47 PM
Pirate Chests Bob Darrah Woodworking 0 December 18th 04 10:09 PM