Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Soft Close Ball Bearing Full Extension Slides

I bought a box of these ball bearing full extension, soft close slides
from www.Quikdrawers.com, and they also offer a self-close (not soft)
for a little bit less money.

Does anyone have a lot of experience with these? They seem great but
obviously the soft close closes slooooowly. The self-close does not
slow down but closes a bit quicker.

Right now, my customers are choosing the soft close over the
self-close about 1.5:1 Anyone having a different experience? I
prefer not to use the undermounts due to the special cutting, boring
and drilling...plus we want full extension and 100lb payload.

tia

hootie
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
I bought a box of these ball bearing full extension, soft close slides
from www.Quikdrawers.com, and they also offer a self-close (not soft)
for a little bit less money.

Does anyone have a lot of experience with these? They seem great but
obviously the soft close closes slooooowly. The self-close does not
slow down but closes a bit quicker.

Right now, my customers are choosing the soft close over the
self-close about 1.5:1 Anyone having a different experience? I
prefer not to use the undermounts due to the special cutting, boring
and drilling...plus we want full extension and 100lb payload.

tia

hootie

You are almost wasting your time to offer a non-soft close over a soft close
slide. I would only offer the soft close, it will reflect your quality of
work in a much better light than the non-soft self close and if in the grand
scheme of things $3-$5 more per slide should not be a deal breaker.
I just finished a kitchen "redo" and wasted my time explaining the 2 types
to my customer. They did not care either way, so I quoted non-soft self
close and gave them soft for the same price. The end result was a higher
feel of quality. They customer was very pleased with the surprise.

I use KV brand, they have a life time warranty.