Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - Geography Puzzles

I stumbled across a couple of on-line puzzle pages that I thought might
be of interest, and seemed worth sharing...

This one might be fun for any kids in your family:

http://mistupid.com/geography/uspuzzle.htm

And this one might offer adults a challenge or two:

http://mistupid.com/geography/knowyourworld.htm

Enjoy!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Morris Dovey wrote:

And this one might offer adults a challenge or two:

http://mistupid.com/geography/knowyourworld.htm

Your Final sco 407,800
Your Final level: 10
Your Traveler IQ: 115
Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:
I stumbled across a couple of on-line puzzle pages that I thought might
be of interest, and seemed worth sharing...

This one might be fun for any kids in your family:

http://mistupid.com/geography/uspuzzle.htm

And this one might offer adults a challenge or two:

http://mistupid.com/geography/knowyourworld.htm

Enjoy!

These puzzles are fascinating. Couldn't get to the last level in the
last one though. Mayhap some brushing up on Africa is in order. Sent
them to friends and family. Thanks.
still getting smarter,
jo4hn (who in 400 years will be a genius)
Posted to rec.woodworking

jo4hn wrote:

still getting smarter,
jo4hn (who in 400 years will be a genius)

As things seem to be going, I figure that in 400 weeks I won't be able
to find North America. :-b

Anyway, I think it's more interesting than playing spider.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:13:10 -0600, Morris Dovey
wrote:

jo4hn wrote:

still getting smarter,
jo4hn (who in 400 years will be a genius)

As things seem to be going, I figure that in 400 weeks I won't be able
to find North America. :-b

Anyway, I think it's more interesting than playing spider.

....anyone find a way to make the picture/puzzle bigger? My eyes just
don't get that kind of detail anymore!

cg

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Charlie Groh" wrote:

...anyone find a way to make the picture/puzzle bigger? My eyes
just
don't get that kind of detail anymore!

Point mouse to spot, then right click mouse, then "zoom in"

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:9qFSk.995$mi4.684
@nwrddc02.gnilink.net:

"Charlie Groh" wrote:

...anyone find a way to make the picture/puzzle bigger? My eyes
just
don't get that kind of detail anymore!

Point mouse to spot, then right click mouse, then "zoom in"

Lew

I didn't know that, now I only got a few points from getting to level 11.
Too bad there were no Dutch questions ... grin

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Han" wrote:

I didn't know that, now I only got a few points from getting to
level 11.

It's an Adobe thing.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 04:44:58 +0000, Morris Dovey wrote
(in article ):

http://mistupid.com/geography/uspuzzle.htm

By overlapping most of the elements, I've made a map of Britain... sort of.
There's a Great Lake in Portsmouth, though and everyone in London now says
"Howdy" and "Y'all.."

Do I win a prize?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bored Borg wrote:
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 04:44:58 +0000, Morris Dovey wrote
(in article ):

http://mistupid.com/geography/uspuzzle.htm

By overlapping most of the elements, I've made a map of Britain... sort of.
There's a Great Lake in Portsmouth, though and everyone in London now says
"Howdy" and "Y'all.."

Do I win a prize?

No. Please change it back. I just flashed an image of Gordon Brown
stepping up to the podium and tawkin' lak George Bush, and a smiling
Queen 'Lizbeth soundin' jes lak Ladybird Johnson.

Shudder.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar