Posted to rec.woodworking

Default buying a single hand pull saw - found a good one.

Today my wife was cutting the grass and going through a lot of sticks
and stems left over from IKE. I have been grinding them up left and right...

She got a 1.5" sycamore branch in the blade and locked up on the bottom of
the three cutter area. That killed the engine. Turned off the PTO and
drove it to the shop. Dug around looking for something handy.

Took a 6x18 Red wood beam I had handy - and a sheet of ply - backup ramp.

Found that new saw from 4 or 5 years ago!

http://www.amazon.com/Vaughan-BS333C...dp/B00004Z2X3/

the first hyperlink was twice as long - but this works just fine.

It is a super saw - cuts fast. Look at the specs on the page.

I remember I used it on the lathe as a cut off saw. Very sharp.

Vaughan Bear Saw - Heavy Duty Coarse to Medium.
'fro framing and treated lumber, laminates, logs, timbers...

I bought it or it was for me - at San Lorenzo Lumber - Santa Cruz county -
Felton is the town. Amazon looks like one site.

Martin

reginox ceramic sink and screwfix single lever pull out tap - won't fit together Martin Evans UK diy 0 August 25th 06 07:55 PM
Found a low-cost alternative buying the wiring regs. Ed Sirett UK diy 29 July 5th 05 07:35 PM
buying a 2nd hand car p cooper UK diy 53 January 17th 05 12:40 PM
Need single SP-352 Display (Heathkit) pull is fine Joe Electronics Repair 4 September 2nd 04 04:40 AM
Help.. buying new construction and I think they are trying to pull a fast one. Herzog Home Repair 10 November 18th 03 05:02 AM