Posted to rec.woodworking
t t is offline

Default OT - Sarah's Song

Don't know how things got so blue
Don't know what's come over you
You've found someone new
And don't it make my red states blue

I'll be fine when you're gone
I'll just cry all night long
Say it isn't true
And don't it make my red states blue

Show me no polling, tell me some lies
Give me no reasons, give me alibis
Tell me you love me and don't make me cry
Say anything but don't say goodbye

I didn't mean to treat you bad
Didn't know just what I had
But, honey, now I do
And don't it make my red states
Don't it make my red states
Don't it make my red states blue

(apologies to CG)
Posted to rec.woodworking

t wrote:
Don't know how things got so blue
Don't know what's come over you
You've found someone new
And don't it make my red states blue

I'll be fine when you're gone
I'll just cry all night long
Say it isn't true
And don't it make my red states blue

Show me no polling, tell me some lies
Give me no reasons, give me alibis
Tell me you love me and don't make me cry
Say anything but don't say goodbye

I didn't mean to treat you bad
Didn't know just what I had
But, honey, now I do
And don't it make my red states
Don't it make my red states
Don't it make my red states blue

(apologies to CG)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081021/..._family_travel
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Charlie Self" wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081021/..._family_travel

Classic rookie screw-up

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 21, 8:31*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Charlie Self" wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081021/..._family_travel

Classic rookie screw-up

Lew

Or cheap chiseler/petty thief.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I wrote:
Classic rookie screw-up

"Charlie Self" wrote:
Or cheap chiseler/petty thief.

First thing you learn is how to fill out an expense account that will
pass muster.

I will leave what you call that to others.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 22, 8:26*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
I wrote:
Classic rookie screw-up

"Charlie Self" wrote:
Or cheap chiseler/petty thief.

First thing you learn is how to fill out an expense account that will
pass muster.

I will leave what you call that to others.

Lew

Yeah, well...Roanoke had a city councilman doing something similar
lalst year, but more obviously crooked. He was billing two gov't. for
the same trip. He filled out the forms impeccably, and it worked well
until someone cross-checked. His excuse: I didn't realize it was
illegal. In his 40s, mind you.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
news

I wrote:
Classic rookie screw-up

"Charlie Self" wrote:
Or cheap chiseler/petty thief.

First thing you learn is how to fill out an expense account that will pass
muster.

I will leave what you call that to others.

Lew

Any time I traveled or entertained with my boss, I used my company AMEX card
and turned in the expense report. He always approved it and said I could
have a career as a fiction writer

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Charlie Self" wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081021/..._family_travel

Classic rookie screw-up

Lew

Or cheap chiseler/petty thief.

If I recall the numbers correctly the previous Gov. spent over 3X on
personal or family related travel......Alaska is a very big state and all
travel including to or from the lower forty are expensive trips. The Palin's
do not have the personal wealth to afford packing the family around both
their state or the lower 40 on state business or functions. Because of the
distances considerable time away from home is also invested. Should a
Governors family sacrifice "family" for the office or try to do both? The
cost has been affordable to the state and is under historical norms but
somehow the anti Palin crowd have no limits for petty complaints.....oddly
I'd suspect those most opposed to Palin's travel would support Obama's
blatant politically motivated millions upon millions in earmarks.....Rod

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Charlie Self" wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081021/..._family_travel

Classic rookie screw-up

Lew

Or cheap chiseler/petty thief.

If I recall the numbers correctly the previous Gov. spent over 3X on
personal or family related travel......

So a crook who steals $1000 is innocent while a crook who steals $3000
is guilty? Stealing is stealing. Amount isn't relevant.

Alaska is a very big state and all
travel including to or from the lower forty are expensive trips. The Palin's
do not have the personal wealth to afford packing the family around both
their state or the lower 40 on state business or functions.

Because they are not rich, therefore the state should pay for personal
expenses unrelated to the job? A poor person isn't rich, does that
give them the right to steal money from a bank?

Because of the
distances considerable time *away from home is also invested. Should a
Governors family sacrifice "family" for the office or try to do both?

I had a job where I traveled for a week or two at a time. Away from
home the whole time. I sacrificed time with family for the job. The
expenses of bringing the family along were not reimbursable by the
company or the company we were doing the work for. It was a business
trip. Not a personal vacation.

The
cost has been affordable to the state and is under historical norms but
somehow the anti Palin crowd have no limits for petty complaints.....oddly
I'd suspect those most opposed to Palin's travel would support Obama's
blatant politically motivated millions upon millions in earmarks.....Rod

Alaska as a state gets more earmarks per person, per income, etc. than
any other state in the nation. Thanks to Uncle Ted, not surprisingly
on trial at the moment for lying about graft he has received.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Charlie Self" wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081021/..._family_travel

Classic rookie screw-up

Lew

Or cheap chiseler/petty thief.

Yeah, I'm sure she is the first and only politician to ever do that. Shame,
shame.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Charlie Self" wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081021/..._family_travel

Classic rookie screw-up

Lew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg5tl87rEE4

a very lovely song neddin11 Metalworking 1 July 23rd 08 02:49 AM
OT - The Stanley Song J T Woodworking 0 September 5th 07 03:22 AM
Where Sarah's lost cup plays, Varla changes in outer, sick halls. Martin X. Moleski, SJ Woodworking 0 June 27th 06 07:01 AM
Spear-Chuckers, she wants to move humble wrinkles for Sarah's light, Ugly Doofus. Upscale Woodworking 0 May 15th 06 08:56 PM
Lumberjack song? dean Home Repair 5 November 15th 05 05:10 PM