Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Styrofoam Fasteners

I am planning on building a toyhouse for the kids...out of styrofoam.

What fasteners would you recommend to fasten the walls together so it
can be disassembled for transport between houses?

Thanks

TMT
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 24, 7:43*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
I am planning on building a toyhouse for the kids...out of styrofoam.

What fasteners would you recommend to fasten the walls together so it
can be disassembled for transport between houses?

Thanks

TMT

velcro strips. to attach the velcro strips there is styrofoam
construction adhesive.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Depending on size, covering materials, location, age of kids...

Have you ever seen styrofoam catch light?

You may want to rethink its use as a playstuff... It's probably safe in most
locations, but model a worst case scenario and think it through carefully.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bored Borg" wrote in message
.com...
Depending on size, covering materials, location, age of kids...

Have you ever seen styrofoam catch light?

Yes, the modified material burn until you take the heat away and then it
goes out. It won't sporadically start to burn. In tests by Factory Mutual
with a burning wastebasket, it proved safer than wall paneling.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 24, 10:43*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
I am planning on building a toyhouse for the kids...out of styrofoam.

What fasteners would you recommend to fasten the walls together so it
can be disassembled for transport between houses?

Thanks

TMT

I'm thinking those stick-on picture hangers and elastic bands...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 24, 10:49*pm, wrote:
On Sep 24, 7:43*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

I am planning on building a toyhouse for the kids...out of styrofoam.

What fasteners would you recommend to fasten the walls together so it
can be disassembled for transport between houses?

Thanks

TMT

velcro strips. to attach the velcro strips there is styrofoam
construction adhesive.

I agree with the velcro idea but make sure you use the industrial
grade stuff.