Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting styrofoam

What is a good paint for styrofoam board ? I need something for
cosmetic reasons, something that will stick and not chip, something that
can be easily cleaned
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nick Hull wrote:
What is a good paint for styrofoam board ? I need something for
cosmetic reasons, something that will stick and not chip, something
that can be easily cleaned

Latex.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Nick Hull" wrote in message
.. .
What is a good paint for styrofoam board ? I need something for
cosmetic reasons, something that will stick and not chip, something that
can be easily cleaned

Start with latex. Anything else may have some solvents that will attack the
foam. Once you have a solid latex barrier, it is possible to put other
coatings on top of it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
3G 3G is offline

"Nick Hull" wrote in message
.. .
| What is a good paint for styrofoam board ? I need something for
| cosmetic reasons, something that will stick and not chip, something
that
| can be easily cleaned

use acrylic paint for a base coat and finish with "tempra paint"
not latex paint though it tends to flake off when dry..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 18:41:06 -0500, "3G" wrote:

"Nick Hull" wrote in message
.. .
| What is a good paint for styrofoam board ? I need something for
| cosmetic reasons, something that will stick and not chip, something
that
| can be easily cleaned

use acrylic paint for a base coat and finish with "tempra paint"
not latex paint though it tends to flake off when dry..

Water soluble acrylics only. You can buy these 60 ml/2 fl oz bottles
at the Dollar Store. The art supplies and craft stores also carry
these acrylics but they cost a lot more there. For large areas you
may have to resort to latex on account of cost.

polyiso vs styrofoam [email protected] Home Repair 17 May 26th 06 08:10 PM
polyiso vs styrofoam [email protected] Home Repair 1 November 19th 05 06:15 PM
Waterproof styrofoam, again toller Home Repair 1 June 24th 05 03:24 AM
Painting Styrofoam Pike Woodworking 11 January 3rd 05 03:56 AM
insulation of styrofoam Bonnie Jean Home Repair 27 January 3rd 05 01:31 AM