Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Long Ranger remote

Anyone have one of these just, all of a sudden, stop working?

And by all of a sudden I mean I used it to turn the dust collector on, then,
30 seconds later, it wouldn't turn it off. Now it doesn't work at all.
Fresh batteries, the obilgatory banging it against your hand along with the
confused look at it (like *that's* ever fixed anything) and it still won't
work. Do these things have one of those automatic kill switches that only
engage 3 days after the warranty expires? I know my car does.

a little confused,

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 22, 10:53 am, "joe" wrote:
Anyone have one of these just, all of a sudden, stop working?

And by all of a sudden I mean I used it to turn the dust collector on, then,
30 seconds later, it wouldn't turn it off. Now it doesn't work at all.
Fresh batteries, the obilgatory banging it against your hand along with the
confused look at it (like *that's* ever fixed anything) and it still won't
work. Do these things have one of those automatic kill switches that only
engage 3 days after the warranty expires? I know my car does.

Mine needs to be reset to the frequency of the receiver once in a blue
moon. Push the button on the side of the receiver and then a button
on the remote.

Posted to rec.woodworking

joe wrote:
Anyone have one of these just, all of a sudden, stop working?

Retrain it to know the remote. The instructions should be printed on
the unit with the a/c plug.

Mine has done the same twice, over the last 5 years or so.
Posted to rec.woodworking

B A R R Y wrote:

joe wrote:
Anyone have one of these just, all of a sudden, stop working?

Retrain it to know the remote. The instructions should be printed on
the unit with the a/c plug.

Mine has done the same twice, over the last 5 years or so.

Mine seems to do the same quite often (on mine, there is a pencil-point
switch on the base unit, press it in until you hear it beep, then push the
on switch until the unit comes on).

Losing the training seems to be correlated to having had lightning storms
in the area.

Does anybody else's LR beep for no apparent reason? First time that
happened to me was while I was doing some hand tool work and the LR base
unit started emitting beeps about 1 or 2 minutes apart. Seems to happen
quite often now, including after it has been used to control the dust
collector.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Losing the training seems to be correlated to having had lightning storms
in the area.

That would be similar to mine.

It might be power line noise that scrambles the receiver.