Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: What's Next?

Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Good conversations are built on good manners. Using vulgar language
undermines the former because it demonstrates a lack of the latter.
Grow up.

Sorry. I forgot the height of your horse.

I am not trying to be arrogant - I just dislike vulgar public
discourse.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tim Daneliuk" wrote in message
Then there are those of us who are anti-collectivist to our roots. We
believe that the only role of government is to keep us free.

Yup, you're even more deluded than I thought. That vaunted "freedom" you
support with all your might is mostly an illusion. You (and our society)
haven't had the full freedom you're talking about for centuries.

It's an illusion and has been for a long, long time. You only survive
because you've settled into a comfortable state of self-delusion. I guess
that's something that makes us uniquely human, the ability to delude
ourselves. Only problem is that you've taken it to the extreme. You're sick
Tim, get some help.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"todd" wrote in message
conveniently dropped the part about the Canadian system being bigger "a

much
larger system" than private insurance in the US.

Proportionally, it is bigger because it's country wide. And, it's not the
same as your medicaid which only treats the poor as long as they don't have
any assets. Canadian health insurance supplies full medical access to anyone
who is a Canadian citizen. Yup, it's not a perfect system by any means, but
that's discussion for another time.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Upscale wrote:
"Tim Daneliuk" wrote in message
I'm not the only one who says so, nor am I the first. Pretty much
everyone I know (except you evidently) thinks that stealing is wrong,
even if they have no particularly deep religious practice.

Guess you don't know too many people. You're shunned by most who know you
and you're a sanctimonious hypocrite at the same time. Must be a tough life
for you, eh Tim? I don't feel sorry for you though, because you've earned
the isolation you know.

The "Rights" enshrined in the US Constitution are understood to be
"natural rights" - the government is not *granting* them, but rather

Riiiiigggghhhhttttt!!!!! But of course, healthcare isn't a natural right.
You are so clueless as to what's right and what's not that you wouldn't know
it if it bit you in the ass. With you, it's all about what you can get and
keep. Naturally, owning firearms bolsters that need you struggle to fulfill.

The really sad part out of all of this is that you're a pretty smart guy,
but your values are so screwed up that you appear to be relatively stupid to
all that know you. Quite the contradiction. Life has been tough on you
hasn't it? Dirt poor family, worked for everything you have.

You really want to make money and succeed Tim? Go open your own manure farm.
With all the bull**** you sling, you'll be filthy rich in no time at all.

I think you've your eloquence here entirely befits your worldview...

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 24, 1:22*pm, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

But I admit, you talk **** rather well.

Good conversations are built on good manners. Using vulgar language
undermines the former because it demonstrates a lack of the latter.

But I admit, you talk poop rather well. There is that better?

To chose a word to make a point, a word you may not like, does not
automatically negate the rest of the statement. You'll need another
skirt to hide under. Next thing you know, you'll disagree with someone
and the strength of you position is based on the fact that he uses a
different typewriter than you do.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

But I admit, you talk **** rather well.

Good conversations are built on good manners. Using vulgar language
undermines the former because it demonstrates a lack of the latter.

But I admit, you talk poop rather well. There is that better?

Only slightly.

To chose a word to make a point, a word you may not like, does not
automatically negate the rest of the statement. You'll need another

I never said it did. I said it was poor form, bad manners, etc.
and that it is.

skirt to hide under. Next thing you know, you'll disagree with someone
and the strength of you position is based on the fact that he uses a
different typewriter than you do.

I don't disagree with you because you used rude language. I disagree
with you because you have false ideas.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Morris Dovey wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

Morris, I'd expected better of you than an ad hominem such as this -- as Tim
points out, it's a sure sign that you know you can't debate the issue on its
merits.

Merits??? You're right - I can't.

I meant, you should be defending *your* position on its merits. If it had any,
you wouldn't need to resort to ad hominems.

Quite right. I offer my apologies to the group. My position is has
already been presented in this group, and I don't feel the need to waste
additional bandwidth on this individual. He seems perfectly capable of
digging his own hole.

Thanks for your reminder.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Morris Dovey
wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

Morris, I'd expected better of you than an ad hominem such as this
-- as Tim points out, it's a sure sign that you know you can't
debate the issue on its merits.
Merits??? You're right - I can't.

I meant, you should be defending *your* position on its merits. If it
had any, you wouldn't need to resort to ad hominems.

Quite right. I offer my apologies to the group. My position is has
already been presented in this group, and I don't feel the need to waste
additional bandwidth on this individual. He seems perfectly capable of
digging his own hole.

Thanks for your reminder.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/uc/2.../lga080924.gif
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message

"todd" wrote in message
conveniently dropped the part about the Canadian system being bigger "a

much
larger system" than private insurance in the US.

Proportionally, it is bigger because it's country wide. And, it's not the
same as your medicaid which only treats the poor as long as they don't
have
any assets. Canadian health insurance supplies full medical access to
anyone
who is a Canadian citizen. Yup, it's not a perfect system by any means,
but
that's discussion for another time.

"Proportionally, it is bigger because it's country wide." So, it's bigger
even though it's smaller? Can't argue with that logic.

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

But I admit, you talk **** rather well.
Good conversations are built on good manners. Using vulgar language
undermines the former because it demonstrates a lack of the latter.

*But I admit, you talk poop rather well. *There is that better?

Only slightly.

To chose a word to make a point, a word you may not like, does not
automatically negate the rest of the statement. You'll need another

I never said it did. *I said it was poor form, bad manners, etc.
and that it is.

skirt to hide under. Next thing you know, you'll disagree with someone
and the strength of you position is based on the fact that he uses a
different typewriter than you do.

I don't disagree with you because you used rude language. *I disagree
with you because you have false ideas. *

False ideas? You mean ideas you disagree with? In my mind, ideas can
never be 'false'. I can see that if an idea leads to a solution which
may not solve a problem, the idea might not be suitable, but I can't
see an idea being 'false'. Maybe one needs to be a collectivist to
have false ideas? Or is this another one of your slight-of-thoughts
again?