Posted to rec.woodworking,

Default British Weather

Has anyone got plans and a cutting list for an Ark?

I've had 7" of rain in my rain-measuring jug this week. As I do all my
woodwork out in the back yard, I'm spending too much time on this thing
instead. Pray for sunshine else you'll get more gibberish.

I've just looked out. It is absolutely ratting it down again. I think the
lawn is infested with trout...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bored Borg" wrote

Has anyone got plans and a cutting list for an Ark?

I've had 7" of rain in my rain-measuring jug this week. As I do all my
woodwork out in the back yard, I'm spending too much time on this thing
instead. Pray for sunshine else you'll get more gibberish.

I've just looked out. It is absolutely ratting it down again. I think the
lawn is infested with trout...

No marks for confirming a general prejudice!

Bad for the tourist trade!

For a more exact, though hardly reliable summary, try:
http://www.amgron.clara.net/addresses/weather.htm

Jeff

--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK
email : Username is amgron

Posted to rec.woodworking

I came across this in another group.
Art

In deference to the Archbishop of Canterbury and Sharmi Chakrabati, it
was announced today that the local climate in the UK should no longer be
referred to as "English weather."

In order to avoid offending a now sizable portion of the population, it
will now be referred as "Muslim weather."

In other words - "partly Sunni but mostly Shi'ite."

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bored Borg" wrote in message
.com...
Has anyone got plans and a cutting list for an Ark?

I've had 7" of rain in my rain-measuring jug this week. As I do all my
woodwork out in the back yard, I'm spending too much time on this thing
instead. Pray for sunshine else you'll get more gibberish.

I've just looked out. It is absolutely ratting it down again. I think the
lawn is infested with trout...

If it makes you feel better, early June 2001, 35" in one week in Houston.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
"Bored Borg" wrote in message
.com...
Has anyone got plans and a cutting list for an Ark?

I've had 7" of rain in my rain-measuring jug this week. As I do all
my woodwork out in the back yard, I'm spending too much time on
this thing instead. Pray for sunshine else you'll get more
gibberish.

I've just looked out. It is absolutely ratting it down again. I
think the lawn is infested with trout...

If it makes you feel better, early June 2001, 35" in one week in
Houston.

I can help too, at one point we had more than 35" of (mostly) water
flowing through Cedar Rapids - while we were having tornados elsewhere.

As long as the saw motor is above the waterline, you're in good shape.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
"Bored Borg" wrote in message
.com...
Has anyone got plans and a cutting list for an Ark?

I've had 7" of rain in my rain-measuring jug this week. As I do all
my woodwork out in the back yard, I'm spending too much time on
this thing instead. Pray for sunshine else you'll get more
gibberish.

I've just looked out. It is absolutely ratting it down again. I
think the lawn is infested with trout...

If it makes you feel better, early June 2001, 35" in one week in
Houston.

I can help too, at one point we had more than 35" of (mostly) water
flowing through Cedar Rapids - while we were having tornados elsewhere.

As long as the saw motor is above the waterline, you're in good shape.

--
Morris Dovey

What do you mean? When it gets that bad you bolt the sawblade onto the
outboard engine and continue working.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 05:12:00 +0100, Eigenvector wrote
(in article ):

much fine rhetoric snipped for brevity

As long as the saw motor is above the waterline, you're in good shape.

--
Morris Dovey

What do you mean? When it gets that bad you bolt the sawblade onto the
outboard engine and continue working.

well, s'pose it's an opportunity to practice my hand-cut ducktails

Posted to rec.woodworking

Eigenvector wrote:

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

As long as the saw motor is above the waterline, you're in good shape.

What do you mean? When it gets that bad you bolt the sawblade onto the
outboard engine and continue working.

I don't have an outboard - but see what's ready in the corner:

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/ShopLifeboat.jpg

I do keep some stuff in a rental storage unit in Des Moines, and shot
this photo the day I went in to stack stuff up off the ground:

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/HereComesTheRiver.jpg

Fortunately, the river only rose a few inches after I took the photo.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

in 77392 20080909 091733 Stuart wrote:

[1] For those who don't know, Wisbech is in Norfolk on the east coast and
it's very flat and low lying. There's a section of road between Cambridge
and Wisbech that is below (normal) sea level

I remember Wisbech only too well. I went to the Pea Pickers' Ball in 1961.
Only time in my life I got totally smashed.
Posted to rec.woodworking

My doctor tells me my web feet aren't terminal!!

--
Retired
....so yes I do have all day!
"Bored Borg" wrote in message
.com...
Has anyone got plans and a cutting list for an Ark?

I've had 7" of rain in my rain-measuring jug this week. As I do all my
woodwork out in the back yard, I'm spending too much time on this thing
instead. Pray for sunshine else you'll get more gibberish.

I've just looked out. It is absolutely ratting it down again. I think the
lawn is infested with trout...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bored Borg" wrote in message
.com...
Has anyone got plans and a cutting list for an Ark?

I've had 7" of rain in my rain-measuring jug this week. As I do all my
woodwork out in the back yard, I'm spending too much time on this thing
instead. Pray for sunshine else you'll get more gibberish.

I've just looked out. It is absolutely ratting it down again. I think the
lawn is infested with trout...

Your looking at this entirely wrong, the rain is not particularly a
problem...your woodworking hobby is......try fishing. Rod