Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Edge sanders and google groups search weirdness

I am either going crazy or Google Groups has decided that it doesn't
like the word "sand" or "sander" in the wreck. I get about 15 results
for either term. Trying to research edge sanders, and previously I
was getting results but now I get... 2. Other words seem to be
returning normal results. Does google not think I should get one?

I am mainly curious about what kind of surface do they leave? Will a
150 grit belt get me close to a finished surface and last a reasonable
amount of time? I don't have a lot of experience with belt sanders.

I am doing more small production runs of small dovetailed boxes,
between 6-9" length of sides and 3-5" high. Currently I do all the
sanding after assembly with a ROS (the small Festool) and then a bit
of hand sanding and with a stack of 20 boxes to go through 3 grits
it's not the least bit fun. If I could totally eliminate the ROS and
go straight to hand sanding that would be fantastic.

Google Groups. Weatherlawyer UK diy 2 June 15th 06 07:55 PM
oh god they f**ked up google groups bigtime Grant Erwin Metalworking 28 December 7th 04 01:06 AM
New google Groups: Somewhat OT [email protected] Woodworking 1 December 4th 04 04:55 PM
Sorry- OT Re Google Groups- WTF? brad Woodworking 8 December 12th 03 01:21 PM