Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default micro dado jig

It may also be called Precision Router Dado Jig. Have any of you heard or
know anything about it? I heard it is supposed to be the latest thing out
for cutting dados with a router.I don't know who sells it.
Thanks for your opinions.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:07:55 -0500, Joe wrote:

It may also be called Precision Router Dado Jig. Have any of you heard or
know anything about it? I heard it is supposed to be the latest thing out
for cutting dados with a router.I don't know who sells it.
Thanks for your opinions.

A search on the internet found this jig.
Is this the item you are looking for:
http://www.infinitytools.com/prodinf...number=PDJ-100

Paul T.

--
The only dumb question, is the one not asked

http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!
Posted to rec.woodworking

I use a framing square and a straight piece of plywood. Built a ton of
bookshelves that way. All I need to do is figure out the offset and I
am on my way. OK, maybe not a ton of shelves but 1,000 pounds of
shelves. 3/4" plywood weighs a bit. If I wnat to get fancy I add a
piece of wood to the bottom of my edge guide that is at 90 degrees to
the edge guide with an overhang of 6 inches. First route shows me
where I am going to route so it eliminates the offset measuring. Do
not have the guide here as I finished that project a long time ago in
another shop.

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:07:55 -0500, "Joe" wrote:

It may also be called Precision Router Dado Jig. Have any of you heard or
know anything about it? I heard it is supposed to be the latest thing out
for cutting dados with a router.I don't know who sells it.
Thanks for your opinions.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe" wrote in message
It may also be called Precision Router Dado Jig. Have any of you heard or
know anything about it? I heard it is supposed to be the latest thing out
for cutting dados with a router.I don't know who sells it.
Thanks for your opinions.

Better yet, simply use a "top" bearing straight flush cut bit. Clamp a
straight edge wide enough for the bearing to ride against and then take a
sample of the piece that will fit in the dado and put it up against the
straight edge. Then clamp a second straight edge and clamp it so that the
sample piece is captured between it and the first straight edge.

Essentially the sample piece establishes the required width between the two
straight edges. The two straight edges guide the top bearing bit for a
perfect sized dado.

I have also designed a dado jig that uses this set up for this purpose if
any one is interested. It maintains the established width of the dado with
out having to readjust.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"PHT" wrote in message news:
Is this the item you are looking for:
http://www.infinitytools.com/prodinf...number=PDJ-100

If that's what he was looking for, then Lee Valley has a similar jig that
attaches to these straight-edges.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,240,45313

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 28, 10:46*am, "Leon" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

[...]

What's up? the link is dead
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/dado.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Limp Arbor" wrote in message

What's up? the link is dead
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/dado.html

I believe Morris got tired of people using his site for various reasons and
not offering appreciation. He did have my permission to post the jig plans.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 28, 10:46*am, "Leon" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

It may also be called Precision Router Dado Jig. Have any of you heard or
know anything about it? I heard it is supposed to be the latest thing out
for cutting dados with a router.I don't know who sells it.
Thanks for your opinions.

I think the little black jig offers a benefit because the router is
not "attached" to the jig - it just slips in place to rout the dado or
whatever. He other one from Lee Valley suffers from a need to blot a
plate onto the router and selling you an extra straight edge. For the
occaisional use, the little black jig seems the best solution. If I
were regularly cutting dadoes, I suspect I would be cutting similar
stock and widths so a dedicated "home brew" approach would be better
and cheaper.

My thoughts ran to a parallelogram set of guides that the PC-type base
might ride between. One a fixed guide bar as used bt the LBJ and the
other attached with tow arms to another guide that could be set to the
width of the plate or larger - when the required dado is larger than
the available bit width - you fix the guide bar the appropriate
distance and the floating bar flush to the router plate and route
away.

http://www.infinitytools.com/prodinf...number=PDJ-100 If that's