Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default micro dado jig

"Joe" wrote in message
It may also be called Precision Router Dado Jig. Have any of you heard or
know anything about it? I heard it is supposed to be the latest thing out
for cutting dados with a router.I don't know who sells it.
Thanks for your opinions.

Better yet, simply use a "top" bearing straight flush cut bit. Clamp a
straight edge wide enough for the bearing to ride against and then take a
sample of the piece that will fit in the dado and put it up against the
straight edge. Then clamp a second straight edge and clamp it so that the
sample piece is captured between it and the first straight edge.

Essentially the sample piece establishes the required width between the two
straight edges. The two straight edges guide the top bearing bit for a
perfect sized dado.

I have also designed a dado jig that uses this set up for this purpose if
any one is interested. It maintains the established width of the dado with
out having to readjust.