Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New Unisaw - The flag is back

My dear friend who was also a manufacturing superintendent for me
called last night to let me know that the new Unisaw will be unveiled
today at IWF and will have the "Made in America" badging.

"How can that be?" I asked. Well, it seems that all those decisions I
(we) fought against have been reversed. The Brazilian motor will be
gone in favor of a Marathon. Those chinese castings will be replaced
with castings from, in my opinion, the best all around foundry in the
country, Waupaca. So, with fabrication and assembly in Jackson, TN,
the content will meet the requirement for "Made in America".

I expect it could be pricey. The cost benefit of a very efficient and
nearly fully depreciated facility will not be there and I expect that
all important overhead absorption volume will be down due to those
disastrous decisions of the past. But it makes me feel good to see
this happen, and I'm happy to see that B & D may actually get it where
Pentair, didn't have a clue.

Wish I could be there to see it. I passed on IWF this year, it
conflicting with a fishing/scalloping trip planned some time ago and
it looks like TS Fay is going to wipe out that alternative.

Frank

a choice: unisaw w/ unifence vs unisaw w/ beis Kevin Woodworking 23 January 31st 08 12:08 AM
FLAG CASE J T Woodworking 0 September 26th 07 06:06 PM
flag boxes... [email protected] Woodworking 0 October 10th 06 04:28 AM
What to buy? used delta rockwell unisaw or unisaw copy wayne mak Woodworking 9 October 22nd 05 05:09 PM
Flag box Rob V Woodworking 1 December 17th 04 01:59 AM