Posted to rec.woodworking

Default TOTALLY Off Topic

Has any one caught the new Catch Phrase? Probably invented at the Olympics
this year but all the news people are repeating it.

During a swim racing event the winner apparently did not swim faster, he
"Out Touched" the other swimmers. This has happen on two different
occasions that I know of so far.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
Has any one caught the new Catch Phrase? Probably invented at the Olympics
this year but all the news people are repeating it.

During a swim racing event the winner apparently did not swim faster, he
"Out Touched" the other swimmers. This has happen on two different
occasions that I know of so far.

Makes some sense...I saw one heat a day or two ago where a USA woman got
silver instead of gold because she touched the wall with a flat palm
rather than stretching out her fingers and touching with fingertips.

The commentator was shocked, saying that it was a totally rookie mistake.

When the difference is a few hundredths of a second, that final lunge
for the wall is just as important as everything else.

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
During a swim racing event the winner apparently did not swim faster, he
"Out Touched" the other swimmers. This has happen on two different
occasions that I know of so far.

So, what happens now? Swimmers will start hanging heavy weights on their
arms to lengthen them? I can just see it now, the advent of the new
swimmer's training tool ~ a specially designed traction bed with wrist
straps and arm tension rods.

How about special swimmer's fingernail growth formulas?

Posted to rec.woodworking

As a member of a "swim family", having watched countless races peering over
the edge of a pool with a stopwatch in my hand, I can tell you that "out
touched" is a swimming term that dates back to just after the invention of
water.

Michael Latcha - at home in Redford, MI

"Leon" wrote in message
Has any one caught the new Catch Phrase? Probably invented at the
Olympics this year but all the news people are repeating it.

During a swim racing event the winner apparently did not swim faster, he
"Out Touched" the other swimmers. This has happen on two different
occasions that I know of so far.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Michael Latcha" wrote

As a member of a "swim family", having watched countless races peering

over
the edge of a pool with a stopwatch in my hand, I can tell you that "out
touched" is a swimming term that dates back to just after the invention of
water.

Yabbut, I'm thinking that the point was that not before invention of the
tedious titted TV talking head was it uttered to such inexcusable excretory
excess.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message ...
"Michael Latcha" wrote

As a member of a "swim family", having watched countless races peering

over
the edge of a pool with a stopwatch in my hand, I can tell you that "out
touched" is a swimming term that dates back to just after the invention of
water.

Yabbut, I'm thinking that the point was that not before invention of the
tedious titted TV talking head was it uttered to such inexcusable excretory
excess.

My suggestion is to get a DVR. The fast forward button solves many of the
problems associated with talking heads during the Olympic broadcasts.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dan Coby" wrote
"Swingman" wrote in message
"Michael Latcha" wrote

As a member of a "swim family", having watched countless races peering

over
the edge of a pool with a stopwatch in my hand, I can tell you that

"out
touched" is a swimming term that dates back to just after the invention

of
water.

Yabbut, I'm thinking that the point was that not before invention of the
tedious titted TV talking head was it uttered to such inexcusable

excretory
excess.

My suggestion is to get a DVR. The fast forward button solves many of the
problems associated with talking heads during the Olympic broadcasts.

A better suggestion ... the OFF button. Then go do some woodworking.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 11, 3:54*pm, "Swingman" wrote:

Yabbut, I'm thinking that the point was that not before invention of the
tedious titted TV talking head was it uttered to such inexcusable excretory
excess.

*wiping green tea off monitor and keyboard*

Dammit, dude, gimme a heads-up next time will ya??
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Michael Latcha" wrote in message
g.com...
As a member of a "swim family", having watched countless races peering
over the edge of a pool with a stopwatch in my hand, I can tell you that
"out touched" is a swimming term that dates back to just after the
invention of water.

Michael Latcha - at home in Redford, MI

That may very well be true, but like the kid next door that got a new bell
to ring for his bicycle it can be over used. I absolutely do not recall
having ever heard the term prior to this weekend and heard it 3 times, even
by those not announcing the race. This was not the first time a swimmer was
"Out Touched". The media learned a new term and have already worn it out.

Posted to rec.woodworking

As a member of a "swim family", having watched countless races peering over
the edge of a pool with a stopwatch in my hand, I can tell you that "out
touched" is a swimming term that dates back to just after the invention of
water.

Been there, drank th.... er done that.

-Zz

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote

Yabbut, I'm thinking that the point was that not before invention of the
tedious titted TV talking head was it uttered to such inexcusable
excretory
excess.

Sounds suspiciously like a girl I used to know.

Did you know her too?

Totally off topic Dave UK diy 52 June 12th 06 10:12 PM
totally off topic, car insurance rob UK diy 13 March 10th 06 04:14 PM
Totally Off Topic - Chinese Fur Trade Greg G. Woodworking 9 December 6th 05 12:12 AM