Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT 7 things that separate lesser humans.

Found this and thought I'd sha

7 Things that separate lesser human beings from their betters

1. Subtlety
In all things, but most evident when it comes to music, humor and art.
Lesser people like it loud and simple, your black velvet Elvises and
your glow-in-the-dark Jesuses, loud Harleys and big-titted, big-assed
women, cloyingly sweet drinks and glam-metal or nursery-rhyme hip-hop.
When you are dumb and proud of it you appreciate only the simplest
things. It takes an appreciation of cleverness to grasp subtlety, you
need to be observant and thoughtful, neither of those qualities come
with a low-functioning brain.

2. Openmindedness
Lessers know what they like and like what they know. Change,
experimentation, any kind of novelty or shift in the status quo is
terrifying for them. They are familiar with how things are, and lack the
ability to see how things could be better if changed. Ignorance of life
and the way things work makes them ill-equipped to predict or to
calculate, and prone to panic where there is no real danger.

3. Courage
Courage is simply the ability to understand a situation and do what is
required. It is about actively wanting a positive outcome more than you
want comfort. Thatıs it. If you want sex, then you man up and talk to
the girl/guy, if you want money then you work, if you want to save the
life of a loved one then you dive into the water or you go back into the
burning building. Itıs about understanding your position and knowing
whatıs required. Understanding and knowing and acting in accordance with
the knowledge, neither of which is possible if you are stupid or lazy.

4. Pragmatism
Seeing life for what it is and not through bull****-colored glasses. The
weaklings love their bull****. Life has to be coated in rose-petals and
Pat Robertson prayers, designer clothes and hope for it to be worth
living. They cannot accept that they are not characters in a movie, they
are not special, and that their dog does not ³love² them, Jesus is not
knocking at the door of their heart, death is not peaceful, and old age
****ing sucks.

5. Retention of Knowledge
Including but not limited to learning from your mistakes. Lessers have a
way of excusing their mistakes and re-committing them rather than
letting them serve as templates for what not to do in the future. You
see, to learn from a mistake you have to admit that it was, in fact, a
mistake, and that has all kinds of ramifications,especially when it
comes to oneıs way of life. If you are wrong in one area, you may be
wrong in another, and if you are wrong enough you have to do a lot of
hard things, like changing. In addition to that it comes with having to
admit that you were wrong, which puts you in the same class as people
you have criticized and/or mocked.

6.* Introspection
Careful, deep self-analysis, admitting oneıs weaknesses, looking
(without bull**** glasses) at where your life is headed, understanding
your nature. All difficult things, all necessary things. It takes
courage to introspect, it takes pragmatism, and it takes brains. Without
it you never change, you never get better, and you never get anything
important done. Not only are the lessers incapable of doing it, the
necessity for it never occurs to them. They go through life like an
non-sentient animal, something that acts on instinct and without
pondering or second-guessing anything.

7. Delight
The ability to find pleasure in something for that thingıs sake. You
enjoy a book because itıs a good book with a good story rather than
because it makes you look cool or smarter when you pose with it in the
park or at the coffee-shop. You enjoy sex not in a yay-Iım-getting-some!
fashion but because she is fun and enthusiastic and she smells good. You
enjoy your food because itıs so good it makes the world go away, not
because it cost $45 a plate. Lessers have no idea what pleasure is, they
do things because of the appearance, or because everybody else does it,
because their pastor says so, or because they get to feel like somebody
else for a minute. Thatıs relief, not delight.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
Found this and thought I'd sha

7 Things that separate lesser human beings from their betters

1. Subtlety
In all things, but most evident when it comes to music, humor and art.
Lesser people like it loud and simple, your black velvet Elvises and
your glow-in-the-dark Jesuses, loud Harleys and big-titted, big-assed
women,

You, sir have no idea of what you say. Big titties and big asses make the
world go round. God love 'em.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 9, 3:27*am, "Rick Samuel"
wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Found this and thought I'd sha

7 Things that separate lesser human beings from their betters

1. Subtlety
In all things, but most evident when it comes to music, humor and art.
Lesser people like it loud and simple, your black velvet Elvises and
your glow-in-the-dark Jesuses, loud Harleys and big-titted, big-assed
women,

*You, sir have no idea of what you say. *Big titties and big asses make the
world go round. *God love 'em.

What part of "FOUND THIS AND THOUGHT I'D SHARE" didn't you understand?
*I* am not saying anything, I just found it an interesting observation.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

: What part of "FOUND THIS AND THOUGHT I'D SHARE" didn't you understand?

Q: What part of a joke don't you understand?
A: The joke part, apparently.

: *I* am not saying anything, I just found it an interesting observation.

If you post a long description of why certain people are better
than others, it's pretty reasonabe to conclude you
agree with the sentiment.

-- Andy Barss
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 19:08:11 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Barss
wrote:

If you post a long description of why certain people are better
than others, it's pretty reasonabe to conclude you
agree with the sentiment.

On a logical level alone, that is one seriously ****ed up sentence.

Regards, Tom.

Thos. J. Watson - Cabinetmaker
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet

Posted to rec.woodworking

: wrote:

:If you post a long description of why certain people are better
:than others, it's pretty reasonabe to conclude you
:agree with the sentiment.

: On a logical level alone, that is one seriously ****ed up sentence.

No, it isn't. He posted a long, allegedly forwarded post
on X. X distinguishes between two groups of people, with
one group highly favored over the other (see the title of his post,
"... lesser humans") in the description
expressed by the post.

One may reasonably conclude from that fact that Robotoy
agrees with X.

And as I pointed out, one may also conclude he's a humorless
nitwit, given his response to Rick Samuel.

-- Andy Barss

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 9, 3:08*pm, Andrew Barss wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

: What part of "FOUND THIS AND THOUGHT I'D SHARE" didn't you understand?

Q: *What part of a joke don't you understand?
A: *The joke part, apparently.

: *I* am not saying anything, I just found it an interesting observation.

If you post a long description of why certain people are better
than others, it's pretty reasonabe to conclude you
agree with the sentiment.

* * * * -- Andy Barss

I will try to explain this, and for you, Andy, I will do it slowly.

I found an article. I found it interesting.

If I find a 1937 German Mark and I show it to you, does that mean I
agree with the price of fish?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 9, 3:24 pm, Robatoy wrote:

If I find a 1937 German Mark and I show it to you, does that mean I
agree with the price of fish?

Damnit... I've been waiting on the answer now for a while, and now I
have to leave.

I'm on pins and needles.... does it or doesn't it?

STILL.. LMOA

Enjoyed the post, BTW.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 14:10:04 -0400, Robatoy wrote:

Found this and thought I'd sha

7 Things that separate lesser human beings from their betters

{Snip}

Thank-you for sharing, Robatoy.

I disagree with the sediment contained in those statements. I strongly
reject the tone of the arguments and the choice of the words used to
present the arguments. Whoever the author is, the author wrapped his
ideas within a socially, culturally, and maybe even an ethnic point of
view. A point of view that demonstrates a cultural chauvinism bent on
social Darwinism bordering on racism.

From my point of view, those statements are an attempt at a description
of a social / cultural norm that is instilled into a person starting at
childhood. My impression of those statements (the intended idea) are
they are culturally linked to the dominate Western European cultural
ancestral heritage of the USA.

My point: If one grew up in a Wealthy Suburb of a Major Metropolitan
city, then a young adult would have more exposure to such personal habits
as described, and that young person would (could be expected to?)
assimilate such in their own behavior.

(There are of course other social classes that would teach these ideal
behaviors to their children; but more likely, IMHO, it would be left to
an individual family and less across the board.)

However, people who grew up in other economic, social, and cultural
environments would not necessarily be exposed everyday to real roll
models who exhibited behaviors such as described in the statements. Or
in other words, if you grew up where it is the norm behavior of adults to
occasionally ride in the back of a Pickup Truck drinking whiskey as the
pickup truck barrels down the highway, well you can draw your own
conclusions as to the behavior of such a child at adulthood.

There may be some grain of truth in those statements. However, the
social and cultural "My-Culture-Is-The-One-and-Only-Correct-Society" that
oozes from those specific statements, as worded, makes them solely a
preaching-to-the-choir set of statements. If you believe in those
statements, they are good arguments to continue your believe, and maybe
hold those beliefs in more emphatic esteem. As worded and presented,
those statements will not convince anyone else; No One.

By The Way: Even using the words 'Better' and 'Lesser' becomes code words
(intended or not) to evoke the worst sort of thoughts of social
Darwinism. Social Darwinism is a short step away from a rigid class
society that inhibits upward mobility for all.

Phil
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Phil Again" wrote in message
7 Things that separate lesser human beings from their betters

{Snip}

Thank-you for sharing, Robatoy.

I disagree with the sediment contained in those statements.

There was sediment? Was it like from a compost pile or rust in the toilet
bowl?

Posted to rec.woodworking

I disagree with the sediment contained in those statements.

There was sediment? Was it like from a compost pile or rust in the
toilet bowl?

My bad, I should have selected sentiment from the spell checker list.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 13:13:01 -0500, Phil Again
wrote:

I disagree with the sediment contained in those statements.

There was sediment? Was it like from a compost pile or rust in the
toilet bowl?

My bad, I should have selected sentiment from the spell checker list.

I actually thought 'sediment' was more interesting.

As though it was the residue of failed ideas.

Sometimes spielchuck is more sophisticated than we give it credit for.

Regards, Tom.

Thos. J. Watson - Cabinetmaker
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
Posted to rec.woodworking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Phil Again" wrote in message
7 Things that separate lesser human beings from their betters

{Snip}

Thank-you for sharing, Robatoy.

I disagree with the sediment contained in those statements.

There was sediment? Was it like from a compost pile or rust in the toilet
bowl?

Sounds suspiciously like the dogma of the Church of the Random Variable.

Oh, and WTF is a roll model? The opposite of the slide model?

querulously yours,
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking

jo4hn wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Phil Again" wrote in message
7 Things that separate lesser human beings from their betters

{Snip}

Thank-you for sharing, Robatoy.

I disagree with the sediment contained in those statements.

There was sediment? Was it like from a compost pile or rust in the
toilet bowl?

Sounds suspiciously like the dogma of the Church of the Random
Variable.

Oh, and WTF is a roll model? The opposite of the slide model?

Roll model: An attractive woman tasked to lure drunks into an alley
preparatory to a mugging.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote

Roll model: An attractive woman tasked to lure drunks into an alley
preparatory to a mugging.

Presumably wearing roller skates.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Phil Again wrote:
On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 14:10:04 -0400, Robatoy wrote:

Found this and thought I'd sha

7 Things that separate lesser human beings from their betters

{Snip}

Thank-you for sharing, Robatoy.

I disagree with the sediment contained in those statements. I strongly
reject the tone of the arguments and the choice of the words used to
present the arguments. Whoever the author is, the author wrapped his
ideas within a socially, culturally, and maybe even an ethnic point of
view. A point of view that demonstrates a cultural chauvinism bent on
social Darwinism bordering on racism.

From my point of view, those statements are an attempt at a description
[...]

Yeah, we're all essentially equal. That's they the Green Bay Packers are
offering me $25 million to never come to training camp again...

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
Found this and thought I'd sha

7 Things that separate lesser human beings from their betters

8. The firm conviction that your belief system makes you a better human
being than the others.

9. The pedantic need to create ridiculous lists that 'prove' your
superiority to others.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Woodie wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
Found this and thought I'd sha

7 Things that separate lesser human beings from their betters

8. The firm conviction that your belief system makes you a better human
being than the others.

9. The pedantic need to create ridiculous lists that 'prove' your
superiority to others.

10. The terrifying thought that some or all of the aforementioned list
items could contain elements of truth or be flatly true.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/