Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Simple daybed?

I am a newbie woodworker. I have someone I work with that is looking
for a simple cheap daybed. Wants it painted white.

I have never had a daybed. DO these need to be made in "sections" so
they fit throught the door? What is the best pay to assemble those
sections? Can any of you guys direct me to a picture of one that could
be simple to make?

I appreciate any help. I kind of feel bad because this person does not
have alot of money and I thought it would be a neat project. I have
done several but never a day bed. I thought maybe a mission style with
slats but I think she is open to anything.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 6, 9:49 am, stryped wrote:
I am a newbie woodworker. I have someone I work with that is looking
for a simple cheap daybed. Wants it painted white.

Good for you for helping someone out. Check this out for a free plan,
and if you look carefully, you will see there is a nice .pdf file to
view the assembly steps.

http://tinyurl.com/6jbkb3

Day beds can be VERY easy to construct from a few 2X4s and a couple of
2X6s, available from your local big box lumber yard.

Try a Google search for "daybed plans" or "free daybed plans".

Robert

Simple...Right? josh Home Repair 15 December 6th 05 03:33 PM
Simple Help Paul Stafford Electronics 12 July 22nd 05 04:05 PM
outdoor daybed [email protected] Woodworking 0 May 20th 05 05:19 PM
Need a Simple On and Off circuit Eric Electronics 2 January 24th 04 12:29 AM