Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Subw00er

Default If you had $400 and needed a router/lift setup....

I'm looking for opinions here. I'd like to install a router lift into
my saw table extension and want to spend somewhere around $400-450 for
both the router and lift. I've heard good things about the Jet xacta
lift (I have a jet saw) and the woodpecker version (not sure its worth
$300?!).

I am tentatively planning on the xacta lift and a dewalt router (I'm
partial to dewalt, but not sure of their router's abilities yet).
Ideally, I'd get a router that had a plunge and standard base so I
could permanenetly mount the base to the router lift and use the plung
when needed. I'd definitely want the removal of teh router to be quick
and if the router had a shaft lock thats a plus.

As if you hadn't guessed, I'm new to routers... but I only like buying
tools once!