Eeore of the Hundred Acre Woods

Default If you had $400 and needed a router/lift setup....

I have a router raizer w/PC690 in it and a PRL from Woodpeckers with a
7518 PC in it. I love the PRL w/ the bigger PC. It has plenty of
power for anything. I like to have three router tables set up for
raized panel doors (a rockler double table with the raizer and another
690 and the prl in my left extension wing) The prl/pc combo is pricey
but I think its worth it.

Chris

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 16:28:11 GMT, "Myxylplyk"
wrote:

I have a "new", Incra PRL that I'd let go at a good price.
(I bought it only to find that its dimensions were a little larger than the opening
in my router cabinet top. I put it back in the box and haven't touched it
since)

email me if interested.

Myx

"Subw00er" wrote in message
. com...
I'm looking for opinions here. I'd like to install a router lift into
my saw table extension and want to spend somewhere around $400-450 for
both the router and lift. I've heard good things about the Jet xacta
lift (I have a jet saw) and the woodpecker version (not sure its worth
$300?!).

I am tentatively planning on the xacta lift and a dewalt router (I'm
partial to dewalt, but not sure of their router's abilities yet).
Ideally, I'd get a router that had a plunge and standard base so I
could permanenetly mount the base to the router lift and use the plung
when needed. I'd definitely want the removal of teh router to be quick
and if the router had a shaft lock thats a plus.

As if you hadn't guessed, I'm new to routers... but I only like buying
tools once!