MSgeek

Default RJ33 Replacement Chuck. Help Please!

Well I got the Darn thing off. I had a runout problem on a Ryobi DP100. Took
the chuck of using a lawnmower blade and the Chuck is marked RJ33-18L

I cant find any RJ33 chucks on the net? I see JT33 all over the place
though. Are they the same?

Roy Smith

In article ,
"MSgeek" wrote:

Well I got the Darn thing off. I had a runout problem on a Ryobi DP100. Took
the chuck of using a lawnmower blade and the Chuck is marked RJ33-18L

I cant find any RJ33 chucks on the net? I see JT33 all over the place
though. Are they the same?

Google tells all...

http://tinyurl.com/3f2gc
Unisaw A100

MSgeek wrote:
Well I got the Darn thing off. I had a runout problem on a Ryobi DP100. Took
the chuck of using a lawnmower blade and the Chuck is marked RJ33-18L

I cant find any RJ33 chucks on the net?

Typical tapers on machines a

JT - Jacobs Taper (named after the drill chuck maker but
adapted/adopted by just about everyone)

MT - Morse Taper (longer tapers used on drill presses and
lathes)

Brown and Sharp (again after the company/used on milling
machines)

L-00 or L00 (a taper with a key seat milled in)

R-8 (short self-releasing taper used on milling machines)

I see JT33 all over the place though. Are they the same?

Do the Ryobi folks just mighta wanted to loft themselves up
to the higher heights and have their own taper? This could
be it's a scheme to be proprietary? A combination of Ryobi
and Jacobs? Could the 18 be a "threads per inch/TPI"
designation? Quite the puzzler, eh?

I do have to ask, what/is the problem with buying a new one
from Ryobi?

UA100, who also went a Web searching and came up with
tobacco links...