MSgeek

Default Removing Chuck on DP100

I have this drill press and cant figure out a way to remove the chuck. It
doesnt have a slot like most of them. Anyone done this before on the
dp100(ryobi)

Greg G.

MSgeek said:

I have this drill press and cant figure out a way to remove the chuck. It
doesnt have a slot like most of them. Anyone done this before on the
dp100(ryobi)

I'm not sure about this model, but generally the chuck is held on
Drill Presses by friction and a tapered joint. If there is no screw
visible inside the center of the chuck, I would say smack the **** out
of it and it should fall off. g

Greg G.

GTO69RA4

Except you don't smack the **** out of it. The chuck is hold on by either a
Jacobs 33 taper or a DIN version. You buy a couple of Jacobs wedges from a
supply catalog, put them on between the chuck and the quill or shoulder on the
spindle, and squeeze with a C-clamp. Pops it off.

GTO(John)

Greg G. wrote in message . ..
MSgeek said:

I have this drill press and cant figure out a way to remove the chuck. It
doesnt have a slot like most of them. Anyone done this before on the
dp100(ryobi)

I'm not sure about this model, but generally the chuck is held on
Drill Presses by friction and a tapered joint. If there is no screw
visible inside the center of the chuck, I would say smack the **** out
of it and it should fall off. g

Greg G.

Greg G.

GTO69RA4 said:

Except you don't smack the **** out of it. The chuck is hold on by either a
Jacobs 33 taper or a DIN version. You buy a couple of Jacobs wedges from a
supply catalog, put them on between the chuck and the quill or shoulder on the
spindle, and squeeze with a C-clamp. Pops it off.

GTO(John)

Yea, Yea, You're right - In a utopian world.
Wedges for an $89 drill press + waiting for the shipper?
Smacking it with a block of wood works for me. g

Greg G.