Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Laser tape measure?

On Jul 21, 8:07*am, Robatoy wrote:
On Jul 21, 4:12*am, Richard Evans wrote:

Robatoy wrote:
I don't know if there is such a device in that price range.
I can recommend the Leica Disto D2, but it is around $200..but a
'real' measuring tool and consistently within 1/16 when measuring
countertops and backsplashes. I have no idea how often you will use
this, but if you're making a living with it...buy it.

Just doing the occasional home improvement project. I'm remodeling a
6' x 8' entrance foyer and I'd like to use single pieces of molding.
Hence the desire for accurate measurement.

Then I'd use two 4-foot sticks and two small c-clamps. Work it like a
depth gauge. Very accurate.

Better make that 5-foot sticks, otherwise you would get any overlap at
your 8' measurement..G