Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Would anybody want an old maple tree?

Ok, I've searched and only found posts 10 yrs old or so on here, so
figured I'd post my own and see if responses would change. I have an
older maple tree in my back yard (a silver maple, I believe) that we
need to get rid of. We had a bad drought last year and this year only
part of the tree came back. So, I'm assuming most of the wood would
still be decent but I really have no idea. Anyway, would this tree be
of any value to anybody out there? Should I try to contact local
mills? Should I post to craigslist or something? I'd love for someone
to get something out of this tree...its pretty large, has a wide
trunk, but understand if I'm probably stuck just hiring someone to
chop it and dispose of it. Thoughts?