Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 92" BandSaw Blade

I took the old rusted bandsaw blade out of my 14" bandsaw, cut it, and
measured it at 91-7/8", so I assume that 92" is what I should be
looking for.

In an internet search I can esily find 91-1/2" and 92-1/2" blades, but
not much in the way of 92".

Can I get recommendations on a good place to find a 92" blade mostly
for use in hardwoods and premium plywoods?

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Searcher7 wrote:
I took the old rusted bandsaw blade out of my 14" bandsaw, cut it, and
measured it at 91-7/8", so I assume that 92" is what I should be
looking for.

In an internet search I can esily find 91-1/2" and 92-1/2" blades, but
not much in the way of 92".

Can I get recommendations on a good place to find a 92" blade mostly
for use in hardwoods and premium plywoods?

Will a 91 1/2 blade fit over your wheels (bet it will)? if so, use it and
tighten less; if not, use the 92 1/2 and tighten more. One eighth of an
inch is more than a RCH but not much

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Searcher7" wrote in message
I took the old rusted bandsaw blade out of my 14" bandsaw, cut it, and
measured it at 91-7/8", so I assume that 92" is what I should be
looking for.

In an internet search I can esily find 91-1/2" and 92-1/2" blades, but
not much in the way of 92".

Can I get recommendations on a good place to find a 92" blade mostly
for use in hardwoods and premium plywoods?

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Timberwolf to name one, and probably a few local shops in your area can make
a blade to any length you want. Typically blades are made and sold by the
inch.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 29, 3:55 pm, Searcher7 wrote:
I took the old rusted bandsaw blade out of my 14" bandsaw, cut it, and
measured it at 91-7/8", so I assume that 92" is what I should be
looking for.

In an internet search I can esily find 91-1/2" and 92-1/2" blades, but
not much in the way of 92".

Can I get recommendations on a good place to find a 92" blade mostly
for use in hardwoods and premium plywoods?

Either length will work, as will your 92" idea, but the odds are good
your original blade is a slightly stretched bit of metal, so I'd go
for the 91-1/2". You should have more than enough adjustment in the
sysem to take anything you've mentioned.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 1, 8:46*pm, Charlie Self wrote:
On Jun 29, 3:55 pm, Searcher7 wrote:

I took the old rusted bandsaw blade out of my 14" bandsaw, cut it, and
measured it at 91-7/8", so I assume that 92" is what I should be
looking for.

In an internet search I can esily find 91-1/2" and 92-1/2" blades, but
not much in the way of 92".

Can I get recommendations on a good place to find a 92" blade mostly
for use in hardwoods and premium plywoods?

Either length will work, as will your 92" idea, but the odds are good
your original blade is a slightly stretched bit of metal, so I'd go
for the 91-1/2". You should have more than enough adjustment in the
sysem to take anything you've mentioned.

The original blade was actually never used, so maybe it shrunk. :-)

Any idea which blades have the best life/cost ratio?

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.
Posted to rec.woodworking
mjd mjd is offline

On Jul 2, 8:26*pm, Searcher7 wrote:
[...]

Staten Island, New York.- Hide quoted text -

I recently spent a good amount of time researching and reading
opinions on band saw blades - I picked up a used Crapsman Professional
14" for good price and knew the first thing I'd want to do is put new
blades on it (takes 91 1/2" to 93 1/2" blades). I wound up going with
the Olson All Pro, pack of 3 from Rockler was $49, a 3/16", 1/4", and
5/8". I had tried a few cuts with the old blade, knowing it was shot
but I'll tell you the Olsons cut like friggin butter. I need to resaw
some 4/4 QSWO for a clock project, and with the 5/8" resaw blade I
sliced right through a sample piece perfectly without even using a
fence or a cutline. I'm having so much fun I'm looking around my shop
for stuff to cut!