Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Varnish for outdoor service?

I'm looking for advice on alternate varnish with good UV protection.

Last project used Bristol 2 part, but at $80 a quart, I'd like to find a
one part that has good UV barrier.

Any ideas out there?

Richard
--
(remove the X to email)

Now just why the HELL do I have to press 1 for English?
John Wayne
Posted to rec.woodworking

Try Waterlos marine finish, it is used on boats .
http://woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=4208
Ken
"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
m...
I'm looking for advice on alternate varnish with good UV protection.

Last project used Bristol 2 part, but at $80 a quart, I'd like to find a
one part that has good UV barrier.

Any ideas out there?

Richard
--
(remove the X to email)

Now just why the HELL do I have to press 1 for English?
John Wayne

Where does varnish go? riverman Woodworking 13 May 7th 07 02:49 AM
Oil AFTER varnish?! Toller Woodworking 4 April 3rd 07 11:35 AM
Running outdoor Christmas lights without an outdoor outlet PM Home Repair 5 December 17th 06 04:12 AM
Running outdoor Christmas lights without an outdoor outlet PM Home Ownership 2 December 16th 06 11:56 PM
Water based wood varnish and floor varnish recommendations [email protected] UK diy 3 May 12th 05 03:32 PM