Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Exterior doors. Steel of Fiberglass?

Not exactly a woodworking question, but who better
to ask.

I'm in the market for 5 new entry doors for my house.
Choises are steel, smooth fiberglass and wood grained
fiberglass. (I guess wood is an option, but I didn't
price any of those.)

Price roughly doubles as you move from steel to
smooth fiberglass, and doubles again when you move
to wood grained fiberglass.

So who's got an opinion about the material and if its
worth the price jump. Who makes a good door? a
bad door?

thanks

p.s. If you want to write up a quote, I need one 3-0(36"),
three 2-8(32"), and one 2-6(30") fire door, all with 5 1/4" jams,
no brick mold.

p.p.s. Any leads on a replacement for the 6-8 double
door for the back of my garage.