Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

Default I haven't seen a post since one on the fourteenth.

Ralph wrote:

I've been having trouble with my server lately and was wondering if that
was causing the lack of postings. I am receiving posts on other groups
but not this one. Has everybody gone on holidays or are they to busy?
Sure miss the dialog. Mac, how is Baja? Arch, what is happening in
Florida? Would appreciate a crosspost to the wreck since I'm getting
posts there. Thanks

Your post is the first I've seen since the 14th as well.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

Too blasted hot to work in the shop. Don't figure anyone else's weather is
any better.

JD (Kentucky)

--
He that will make a good use of any part
of his life must allow a large portion of it

"CW" wrote in message
m...
Same here

Ralph wrote:

I've been having trouble with my server lately and was wondering if
that
was causing the lack of postings. I am receiving posts on other groups
but not this one. Has everybody gone on holidays or are they to busy?
Sure miss the dialog. Mac, how is Baja? Arch, what is happening in
Florida? Would appreciate a crosspost to the wreck since I'm getting
posts there. Thanks

Your post is the first I've seen since the 14th as well.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

"JD wrote:

Depends.

Here in Los Angeles, if you are within 5-10 miles of the beach, temps
are in the low 70's.

If you are more than 10 miles, temps in the 100+F range are common,
unless you are up in the mountains.

Just part of what makes living at the beach so expensive.

Lew

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

"JD wrote:

If I lived where the temps were in the 100's everyday, I'd drive 10
miles to sit under someone else's shade tree in the cooler temps.

I still remember my MidWest days when you heard, "It's not the heat,
but the humidity."

If 100+F isn't warm enough, keep heading east.

Death valley should be about 125F-130F these days.

Just remember, In a liar's contest, first liar doesn't have a
chance.G

Lew

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

Ralph wrote:

I've been having trouble with my server lately and was wondering if that
was causing the lack of postings. I am receiving posts on other groups
but not this one. Has everybody gone on holidays or are they to busy?
Sure miss the dialog. Mac, how is Baja? Arch, what is happening in
Florida? Would appreciate a crosspost to the wreck since I'm getting
posts there. Thanks

Your post is the first I've seen since the 14th as well.

--

I have also experienced the same. The last downloaded post was 6/11 and
nothing new was being downloaded. What newsgroup program are you using? I

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

In article ,
"JD" wrote:

Too blasted hot to work in the shop. Don't figure anyone else's weather is
any better.

Here we haven't had a day over 80 in a LONG time, heck 70 is warmer
then most. Heck, last week it was in the 50's... But all my shop time
has been cleaning, rigging a mobile base for the Jet 1014, fixing the
mobile base for the BS, and raising the big lathe 1-1/2 inches (upps,
the heat just came on, again, told you it was cool)

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 00:31:42 GMT, Nova wrote:

Ralph wrote:

I've been having trouble with my server lately and was wondering if that
was causing the lack of postings. I am receiving posts on other groups
but not this one. Has everybody gone on holidays or are they to busy?
Sure miss the dialog. Mac, how is Baja? Arch, what is happening in
Florida? Would appreciate a crosspost to the wreck since I'm getting
posts there. Thanks

Your post is the first I've seen since the 14th as well.

I've been avoiding cross posted replies, so I see the same question here..lol

On the wRECk, I've seen posts every day, no problem..
OTOH, posting has been very light in rec.crafts.woodturning, where I first saw
this post..

It might be my personal prejudices coming out, but it seems like most or all of
the folks that haven't been seeing posts us Outhouse Expressed and needed to
reset / unsubscribe / whatever?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing