Posted to rec.woodworking

Default PING: J Clarke

John - I put up a response to your roofing question, a little later
than I wanted to. Duty calls sometimes, you know.

There could be some things there that help out. Didn't want you to
think I blew you off.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 13, 1:12*pm, "
wrote:
[snip]

*Didn't want you to
think I blew you off.

....does that mean what it means around these parts? G
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default J Clarke

On Jun 13, 1:07 pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:

Thanks very much. For some reason it didn't make it to my server--had
to go to google groups--if you hadn't pinged me I'd have never known.

Excellent.

Good luck on the project!

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 13, 1:28 pm, Robatoy wrote:

....does that mean what it means around these parts? G

Probably not. I've heard about you northern boys and those long
lonely winters, shut in with nothing to do.... ;^)

Robert

(From Texas, where men are men, and sheep are afraid.)

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Jun 13, 1:28 pm, Robatoy wrote:

....does that mean what it means around these parts? G

Probably not. I've heard about you northern boys and those long
lonely winters, shut in with nothing to do.... ;^)

Robert

(From Texas, where men are men, and sheep are afraid.)

Q: How do you know when you're getting close to College Station (Texas
A&M)?
A: The sheep and the heifers are backed up to the fence(s).

Right, Swing?

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave in Houston" wrote in message

wrote in message

On Jun 13, 1:28 pm, Robatoy wrote:

....does that mean what it means around these parts? G

Probably not. I've heard about you northern boys and those long
lonely winters, shut in with nothing to do.... ;^)

Robert

(From Texas, where men are men, and sheep are afraid.)

Q: How do you know when you're getting close to College Station

(Texas
A&M)?
A: The sheep and the heifers are backed up to the fence(s).

Right, Swing?

Dave in Houston

LOL ... read on, realizing however, that ONLY an Aggie is authorized to tell
the following:

What do you call an Aggie with a sheep under each arm?

.... pimp!

Eat your heart out jo4hn!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Jun 13, 1:12 pm, "
wrote:
[snip]

Didn't want you to
think I blew you off.

.....does that mean what it means around these parts? G

No! It doesn't mean he's pouring his cats milk in his crotch for a quickie!
--

"Anybody can have more birthdays; but it takes
balls to get old!"

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave in Houston wrote:

Q: How do you know when you're getting close to College Station

(Texas
A&M)?
A: The sheep and the heifers are backed up to the fence(s).

Location, location, location.

In Texas, they call em "Aggie Jokes".

Other places call em "Pollack jokes".

Same results.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message

On Jun 13, 1:28 pm, Robatoy wrote:

....does that mean what it means around these parts? G
Probably not. I've heard about you northern boys and those long
lonely winters, shut in with nothing to do.... ;^)

Robert

(From Texas, where men are men, and sheep are afraid.)

Q: How do you know when you're getting close to College Station

(Texas
A&M)?
A: The sheep and the heifers are backed up to the fence(s).

Right, Swing?

Dave in Houston

LOL ... read on, realizing however, that ONLY an Aggie is authorized to tell
the following:

What do you call an Aggie with a sheep under each arm?

... pimp!

Eat your heart out jo4hn!

eeeeeuuuuuuuuuww. titter.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Dave in Houston wrote:

Q: How do you know when you're getting close to College Station

(Texas
A&M)?
A: The sheep and the heifers are backed up to the fence(s).

Location, location, location.

In Texas, they call em "Aggie Jokes".

Other places call em "Pollack jokes".

Same results.

Lew

Upper midwest, it's UP'er jokes (don't know if I've got that spelled
right, I'm not from there,just know people who are)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Allen Roy" wrote:

Reminds me of the one I heard...

Did you hear about the new "Survivor" show. It is filmed in Texas and the
contestants must drive around the state completely in a pink Cadillac with 2
bumper stickers. One that says "Gay Pride" on a rainbow colored background
and one that says "Gun control...I'm for it"

All Texans are in favor of gun control. It's important to hit where you aim.

-- Doug
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Douglas Johnson" wrote in message
"Allen Roy" wrote:

Reminds me of the one I heard...

Did you hear about the new "Survivor" show. It is filmed in Texas and the
contestants must drive around the state completely in a pink Cadillac with
2
bumper stickers. One that says "Gay Pride" on a rainbow colored background
and one that says "Gun control...I'm for it"

All Texans are in favor of gun control. It's important to hit where you
aim.

Or the bumper/window sticker: IF YOU'RE CLOSE ENOUGH TO READ THIS,
YOU'RE IN RANGE.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message

On Jun 13, 1:28 pm, Robatoy *wrote:

....does that mean what it means around these parts? G
Probably not. *I've heard about you northern boys and those long
lonely winters, shut in with nothing to do.... * * *;^)

Robert

(From Texas, where men are men, and sheep are afraid.)
* * Q: *How do you know when you're getting close to College Station

(Texas
A&M)?
* * A: *The sheep and the heifers are backed up to the fence(s).

* * Right, Swing?

Dave in Houston

LOL ... read on, realizing however, that ONLY an Aggie is authorized to tell
the following:

What do you call an Aggie with a sheep under each arm?

... pimp!

Eat your heart out jo4hn!

eeeeeuuuuuuuuuww. *titter.

you mean: yeeeeeeeeuuuuuwwwwww?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
wrote in message
On Jun 13, 1:28 pm, Robatoy wrote:
....does that mean what it means around these parts? G
Probably not. I've heard about you northern boys and those long
lonely winters, shut in with nothing to do.... ;^)
Robert
(From Texas, where men are men, and sheep are afraid.)
Q: How do you know when you're getting close to College Station
(Texas
A&M)?
A: The sheep and the heifers are backed up to the fence(s).
Right, Swing?
Dave in Houston
LOL ... read on, realizing however, that ONLY an Aggie is authorized to tell
the following:
What do you call an Aggie with a sheep under each arm?
... pimp!
Eat your heart out jo4hn!

eeeeeuuuuuuuuuww. titter.

you mean: yeeeeeeeeuuuuuwwwwww?

eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwweee.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 10:15:08 -0500, Douglas Johnson
wrote:

Did you hear about the new "Survivor" show. It is filmed in Texas and the
contestants must drive around the state completely in a pink Cadillac with 2
bumper stickers. One that says "Gay Pride" on a rainbow colored background
and one that says "Gun control...I'm for it"

Did you see the episode of the BBC Show "Top Gear" where they really
did that in Alabama? The episode involved buying $2000 cars in Miami
and driving them to New Orleans, completing challenges along the way.

In one challenge, the hosts ("Presenters" on BBC G) had to write
slogans on each other's vehicles to try to get each other "killed
off". Little did they know how effective it would be.

A pickup had "Man Love Rules", another car had "Hillary Clinton for
President" and "NASCAR Sucks!", the last "Country and Western is
Rubbish" and something about George Bush, driven by three British
guys.

After being confronted by the gas station clerk, a woman who asked
them if they "Were a bunch of queers looking to get beaten in a small
town", and threatened to "Call the boys to beat your asses". They
ended up getting chased out of a gas station by a pickup truck loaded
with armed "boys". The hosts were scared enough to quickly hide and
wipe it all off before continuing on.

At first I thought it was a staged theatrical setup, but we watched
the scene several times, and unfortunately, it all appeared to be
quite real.

The episode also included some view and commentaries of Miami and
Katrina-damaged New Orleans from an "dark comedy" angle not normally
seen on US TV. All of it was far from flattering to America, but
unfortunately, pretty close to the mark.

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 13:12:09 -0400, B A R R Y
wrote:

Did you see the episode of the BBC Show "Top Gear" where they really
did that in Alabama? The episode involved buying $2000 cars in Miami
and driving them to New Orleans, completing challenges along the way.

In one challenge, the hosts ("Presenters" on BBC G) had to write
slogans on each other's vehicles to try to get each other "killed
off". Little did they know how effective it would be.

Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lEx-XADpb8

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2008-06-14, Allen Roy wrote:
Did you hear about the new "Survivor" show. It is filmed in Texas and the
contestants must drive around the state completely in a pink Cadillac with 2
bumper stickers. One that says "Gay Pride" on a rainbow colored background
and one that says "Gun control...I'm for it"

A popular british show called "Top Gear" had something similar as one
of their challenges (a southern USA special). They painted each others
cars with stuff that they thought would get them in trouble with the
locals. At a service station the presenters were chased by rednecks
and had to quickly pull off on a highway and clean off the signage so
they could give them the slip. It was a bit scarey.