Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Laminated Rocker Profile

I am rebuilding an antique rocker for my wife and need to totally
replace the rockers.

I am clear on how to laminate the rockers themselves (I don't want to
get into steaming and bending).

I am looking for suggestions on how to trim the bent laminations so
they have a trapezoidal (wider at the bottom than at the top) cross
section?

tlc...
Posted to rec.woodworking

"tlc..." wrote in message
I am rebuilding an antique rocker for my wife and need to totally
replace the rockers.

I am clear on how to laminate the rockers themselves (I don't want to
get into steaming and bending).

I am looking for suggestions on how to trim the bent laminations so
they have a trapezoidal (wider at the bottom than at the top) cross
section?

tlc...

You can shape them with a spoke shave and handplane. I make my rockers with
a band saw and shaves. Steam bending and laminations are not required.

Fitting laminated end trims to laminated worktop - how to cut/shape? Tiny Tim UK diy 6 March 9th 06 07:12 PM
PAY - Nanny Rocker J T Woodworking 0 November 11th 05 05:26 AM
CLASSIC ROCKER J T Woodworking 3 November 10th 05 03:21 AM
rocker switch Choreboy Electronics Repair 6 February 25th 05 10:37 PM
Dory Rocker. Bob Nerup Woodworking 1 October 21st 04 05:23 PM