dave martin

Default Long Cherry needed.

I need a 16 ft. long piece of cherry 8/4 x 6" to use as a mantle.

Please let me know if you have one for sale.
George M. Kazaka

That is one Big Freakin Mantle G

Going to be hard to find it @ 16'
Try skarfing two pieces, if done right you will never see it

Good Luck
George
"dave martin" wrote in message
om...
I need a 16 ft. long piece of cherry 8/4 x 6" to use as a mantle.

Please let me know if you have one for sale.

jo4hn

You might look into reclaimed used timbers. One outfit near me is
vintagetimber.com. Their stock varies but includes "western slope old
growth Douglas Fir, Pine, Redwood and Cedar, antique eastern hardwood
timbers and barn board planks and reclaimed flooring from Australia".
IIRC I found them by googling on "exotic woods" or was that "erotic woods"?

mahalo,
jo4hn

dave martin wrote:
I need a 16 ft. long piece of cherry 8/4 x 6" to use as a mantle.

Please let me know if you have one for sale.

B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 09:20:25 -0700, "George M. Kazaka"
wrote:

That is one Big Freakin Mantle G

My thoughts exactly! What do you burn in that fireplace giant
redwoods? G

Can we see it when it's done?

Barry

RWM

"dave martin" wrote in message
om...
I need a 16 ft. long piece of cherry 8/4 x 6" to use as a mantle.

Please let me know if you have one for sale.

How about:

Groff & Groff Lumber

858 Scotland Rd.
Quarryville, PA 17566
(800) 342-0001

I am not affiliated in any way, but they have been wonderful when I need a
specific piece of cherry.

Bob McBreen - Yarrow Point Washington

BUB 209

You can get it from a retail millshop that
buys wholesale from a big supplier such
as Horn or Heidler in Chicago. You'd
have to call the shop and order it special,
and it would be many gold dabloons -
I suggest Janik Millwork at 708-482-4844

Coving long lengths? David Cawkwell UK diy 4 February 28th 04 03:28 PM
Screed how long to dry URGENT REPLIES NEEDED HELP! Martin UK diy 12 February 27th 04 11:16 AM
Silent thermostat Dave Gibson UK diy 13 January 5th 04 12:02 PM
Long post about boilers and stuff - with too many questions....! Simon Hawthorne UK diy 11 January 4th 04 10:06 AM