Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Question on Selecting Blum Hinges

Hi folks,

I have a large face frame cabinet that I am building and I am looking
at using Blum hinges. I am amazed at the selection available and I am
having a difficult time deciding which hinge to use. Here is my
situation.

* Maple face frame 3/4" thick
* I have two maple raised panel doors (each 26 5/8" wide, 68 5/8"
tall). The door rails and styles are 3/4" inch thick.
* Each door will overlap the opening by 1/2" (right, left, top,
bottom)
* I would like the doors to open 100° or more

This is my second cabinet project (I am still a newbie). I used Blum
screw mount units before and thought they were great, but I see that a
number of people are recommending Inserta. I do not understand what
the difference is?

Also, what do you recommend for the number of hinges per door?

Thanks.

Biff