Lou Grinzo

Default Graph paper source?

I'm trying to find a source for oversize graph paper, and I'm hoping
someone here can help out.

Currently, I do a lot of design work on graph paper, which I print from
files I created in a graphics editor. This is handy, because I strongly
prefer to use what I think I've seen referred to as "quad quad" paper,
meaning the paper is divided into 1-inch squares with thin but solid
lines, each 1-inch square is then divided into 16 squares by lighter
lines, and then each of those squares is divided into another 16 squares
with lighter lines yet. I know this sounds like it would be very
visually busy and distracting, but it works out extremely well, as I can
see inch, quarter, and 16th demarcations at a glance.

I can also scale the whole smash up or down, effectively getting more or
less "zoom" on my drawings.

The problem is that I'd really like to make some graph paper on larger
pages, either 11x17 inches (double size) or 17x22 (quad). Quality
printers to handle even 11x17 are too pricey for such a limited
application, and the only graph paper I've found that's close is
Bienfang brand which comes in those sizes but is limited to inches
divided into 4ths, 8ths, or 10ths, and not the "quad quad" layout I
mentioned above. (I just ordered some of the Bienfang anyway, from
dickblick.com, but I'm really eager to try to keep my preferred layout.)

I've even considered trying to print or copy the sheets at Kinko's,
although that would get very expensive, I suspect. I don't know anyone
I can impose on who has a printer that can handle the larger paper.

Suggestions, anyone? (And no, going to computerized drawing isn't an
option--I'll give up my mechanical pencil when you pry it from my cold,
dead hands. g)

Take care,
Lou

Swingman

This may or may not help, but it's worth a look-see:

http://www.incompetech.com/beta/plainGraphPaper/

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/21/03

"Lou Grinzo" wrote in message
I'm trying to find a source for oversize graph paper, and I'm hoping
someone here can help out.

Rachocki

Try a commercial blue print supply company. We routinely use 1/8" x 1/8"
grid paper and get it in various widths (24", 36", 48" & 60" widths)

Mike

Mark & Juanita

"Lou Grinzo" wrote in message
I'm trying to find a source for oversize graph paper, and I'm hoping
someone here can help out.

Have you tried an office supply store? Places like Office Depot, and
OfficeMax carry graph paper in presentation size format for mounting on
easels to be used during meetings and presentations.

You want to check out the Dietzen Graph papers at any reputable blueprint
supply.

"Lou Grinzo" wrote in message
I'm trying to find a source for oversize graph paper

Barry Lennox

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 11:01:38 +1300, Barry Lennox
wrote:

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:36:14 GMT, (Lou Grinzo) wrote:

I'm trying to find a source for oversize graph paper, and I'm hoping
someone here can help out.

Try the Graph paper Printer app at
http://perso.easynet.fr/~philimar.

Barry lennox

Oops, that link seems dead, it's now at http://www.marquis-soft.com/

Lining Paper - no joins visible - stays put. Eric Cartman UK diy 7 June 22nd 04 12:37 AM
Idle thoughts re generators Neil Jones UK diy 143 April 14th 04 02:31 PM
Pearl Harbor Walt LeRoy Metalworking 77 December 15th 03 06:36 AM
Finish Sander, 1/4 Sht or Random Orbit? RogerN Woodworking 14 November 20th 03 04:26 PM
Source for GOOD bolts, washers, copper washers, etc? Miki Kanazawa Metalworking 3 October 6th 03 11:45 PM