Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Improved sut pick-up for DeWalt 621

Let me see if someone can guess what the problem was.
http://tinyurl.com/6gxyq7

Max
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Max" wrote in message
Let me see if someone can guess what the problem was.
http://tinyurl.com/6gxyq7

Max

I'll take a guess that your hole in the clear plastic was not big enough to
allow enough air flow for the vacuum to move the debris out efficiently.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Leon" wrote in message

"Max" wrote in message
Let me see if someone can guess what the problem was.
http://tinyurl.com/6gxyq7

Max

I'll take a guess that your hole in the clear plastic was not big
enough to allow enough air flow for the vacuum to move the debris out
efficiently.

It was an air problem alright. But it was too much air. In attempting
to find a easy way to cut dadoes I made a guide.
I can just draw a line on my work piece where I want the dado and clamp
my guide right next to the line. However, that puts the base of the
router 1/2" above the work piece leaving a gap underneath the router.
The result is not enough suction. By (double stick) taping a 1/2"
piece of wood under the router (refer to photo) I closed off some of the
gap. Presto, adequate suction.

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Max" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message

"Max" wrote in message
Let me see if someone can guess what the problem was.
http://tinyurl.com/6gxyq7

Max

I'll take a guess that your hole in the clear plastic was not big enough
to allow enough air flow for the vacuum to move the debris out
efficiently.

It was an air problem alright. But it was too much air. In attempting to
find a easy way to cut dadoes I made a guide.
I can just draw a line on my work piece where I want the dado and clamp my
guide right next to the line. However, that puts the base of the router
1/2" above the work piece leaving a gap underneath the router. The result
is not enough suction. By (double stick) taping a 1/2" piece of wood
under the router (refer to photo) I closed off some of the gap. Presto,
adequate suction.

Max

Well there you go. But do take care also because too much restriction can
have the same effect.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Leon" wrote

"Max" wrote
It was an air problem alright. But it was too much air. In
attempting to find a easy way to cut dadoes I made a guide.
I can just draw a line on my work piece where I want the dado and
clamp my guide right next to the line. However, that puts the base
of the router 1/2" above the work piece leaving a gap underneath the
router. The result is not enough suction. By (double stick) taping
a 1/2" piece of wood under the router (refer to photo) I closed off
some of the gap. Presto, adequate suction.

Max

Well there you go. But do take care also because too much restriction
can have the same effect.

Roger that. I'll be "tweaking" it. G

Max