Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q timber has improved

In my local B&Q warehouse, rough sawn timber has improved. Just
thought I'd mention it. Treated 2x4, most as straight as a die. I
don't know if their sourcing has changed (or time of year etc). It was
marked as C16 graded, not sure if the old stuff was.
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:
In my local B&Q warehouse, rough sawn timber has improved. Just
thought I'd mention it. Treated 2x4, most as straight as a die. I
don't know if their sourcing has changed (or time of year etc). It was
marked as C16 graded, not sure if the old stuff was.
Simon.

Did you notice the price?

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:
In my local B&Q warehouse, rough sawn timber has improved. Just
thought I'd mention it. Treated 2x4, most as straight as a die. I
don't know if their sourcing has changed (or time of year etc). It was
marked as C16 graded, not sure if the old stuff was.
Simon.

A couple of months ago I found some very nice 18mm ply in B&Q, went back
a few weeks later to get some more and could only find the usual stuff.
When I asked (at two stores) the answer was: "no mate, we never had
that". Sigh. So buy now "while stocks last"

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

NoSpam wrote:
sm_jamieson wrote:
In my local B&Q warehouse, rough sawn timber has improved. Just
thought I'd mention it. Treated 2x4, most as straight as a die. I
don't know if their sourcing has changed (or time of year etc). It
was marked as C16 graded, not sure if the old stuff was.
Simon.

A couple of months ago I found some very nice 18mm ply in B&Q, went
back a few weeks later to get some more and could only find the usual
stuff. When I asked (at two stores) the answer was: "no mate, we
never had that". Sigh. So buy now "while stocks last"

Customer of mine rang the local B&Q Warehouse store asking about a specific
trellis panel she had seen in their Garden leaflet, to be told they didn't
have any.

I was in there later that day & went to have a look - they had 20 or 30 of
the panels she wanted!

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11 Jun, 09:54, "Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot"
wrote:
sm_jamieson wrote:
In my local B&Q warehouse, rough sawn timber has improved. Just
thought I'd mention it. Treated 2x4, most as straight as a die. I
don't know if their sourcing has changed (or time of year etc). It was
marked as C16 graded, not sure if the old stuff was.
Simon.

Did you notice the price?

Si

Just dug out the receipt.
3 pounds and 87 pence (including VAT) per 2.4m length.

Also, I've taken to storing timber outside in the shade, since thats
how its been stored before I bought it !

Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11 Jun, 10:17, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
NoSpam wrote:
sm_jamieson wrote:
[...]

We wanted a certain chrome toilet brush holder that was on display in
the new fancy bathrooms display section. "Sorry mate, I think that
come from Next, It's just there for the look" (!)
However, there were items of a similar design (soap trays etc) that
looked like they were from the same set, so I'm not sure if he was
correct.
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:

In my local B&Q warehouse, rough sawn timber has improved. Just
thought I'd mention it. Treated 2x4, most as straight as a die. I
don't know if their sourcing has changed (or time of year etc). It was
marked as C16 graded, not sure if the old stuff was.
Simon.

I noticed last time I was in our Warehouse that they actually had planed
pine planks that were thicker than 18mm! can't remember if they were
22mm or 24mm. Will wonders never cease?

Peter
www.the-brights.net