Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q timber has improved

NoSpam wrote:
sm_jamieson wrote:
In my local B&Q warehouse, rough sawn timber has improved. Just
thought I'd mention it. Treated 2x4, most as straight as a die. I
don't know if their sourcing has changed (or time of year etc). It
was marked as C16 graded, not sure if the old stuff was.
Simon.

A couple of months ago I found some very nice 18mm ply in B&Q, went
back a few weeks later to get some more and could only find the usual
stuff. When I asked (at two stores) the answer was: "no mate, we
never had that". Sigh. So buy now "while stocks last"

Customer of mine rang the local B&Q Warehouse store asking about a specific
trellis panel she had seen in their Garden leaflet, to be told they didn't
have any.

I was in there later that day & went to have a look - they had 20 or 30 of
the panels she wanted!

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman