Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Krazy Glue

From a clumsy old lady: is there a product that works as well as Krazy
Glue without gluing my fingers together? And once I've glued my fingers
together I don't have much luck unsticking with nail polish remover (as
tube suggests). Thanks for any help you can suggest.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Marlene Seaward" wrote in message
From a clumsy old lady: is there a product that works as well as Krazy
Glue without gluing my fingers together? And once I've glued my fingers
together I don't have much luck unsticking with nail polish remover (as
tube suggests). Thanks for any help you can suggest.

you need acetone. your nail polish remover is probably acetone-free, which
won't work.

what are you attempting to glue? that is pertinent to what type of adhesive
to use.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Marlene Seaward wrote:
From a clumsy old lady: is there a product that works as well as Krazy
Glue without gluing my fingers together? And once I've glued my fingers
together I don't have much luck unsticking with nail polish remover (as
tube suggests). Thanks for any help you can suggest.

What are you trying to glue - that is, what kind of materials?

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 20, 5:51*pm, "charlie"
wrote:
"Marlene Seaward" wrote in message

From a clumsy old lady: *is there a product that works as well as Krazy
Glue without gluing my fingers together? *And once I've glued my fingers
together I don't have much luck unsticking *with nail polish remover (as
tube suggests). Thanks for any help you can suggest.

you need acetone. your nail polish remover is probably acetone-free, which
won't work.

Acetone? On your skin?.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Robatoy wrote in news:72942d03-512a-48fe-930c-
:

Acetone? On your skin?.

Why not? Removes all oils. But do not smoke at the same time.

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
On May 20, 5:51 pm, "charlie"
wrote:
"Marlene Seaward" wrote in message

From a clumsy old lady: is there a product that works as well as Krazy
Glue without gluing my fingers together? And once I've glued my fingers
together I don't have much luck unsticking with nail polish remover (as
tube suggests). Thanks for any help you can suggest.

you need acetone. your nail polish remover is probably acetone-free, which
won't work.

Acetone? On your skin?.

Well, I think it probably would suck in a martini ...

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 20, 8:43*pm, "Garage_Woodworks" .@. wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Acetone? On your skin?.

You're a trouble maker! * :^|

That's the problem with text only. You can't see the look of innocence
on my face.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Marlene Seaward wrote:
From a clumsy old lady: is there a product that works as well as
Krazy Glue without gluing my fingers together? And once I've glued
my fingers together I don't have much luck unsticking with nail
polish remover (as tube suggests). Thanks for any help you can
suggest.

Wear disposable gloves when working with it.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Marlene Seaward" wrote:

From a clumsy old lady: is there a product that works as well as
Krazy
Glue without gluing my fingers together? And once I've glued my
fingers
together I don't have much luck unsticking with nail polish remover
(as
tube suggests). Thanks for any help you can suggest.

When I work with this stuff, I wear non sterile surgical gloves.

Once the glue has cured, an X-acto knife is about the only way to
separate your fingers if you are in a hurry.

If you have a little patience, your skin's natural oils will cause the
glue to break loose from your skin.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 20, 8:07*pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:
Marlene Seaward wrote:
From a clumsy old lady: *is there a product that works as well as
Krazy Glue without gluing my fingers together? *And once I've glued
my fingers together I don't have much luck unsticking *with nail
polish remover (as tube suggests). Thanks for any help you can
suggest.

Wear disposable gloves when working with it.

The little extension tubes for CA glue always seem to clog up.
Acetone is the best way to get the glue off your fingers, you just
don't want to wash your hands in it every day. And gloves are best
for keeping your hands glue free. That way when you spill a full
bottle of CA while trying to open a stuck nozzle all over your hand
you don't have to wonder how you get the "glue handcuffs" off by your
self! Gloves don't feel pain!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
You're a trouble maker! :^|

That's the problem with text only. You can't see the look of innocence
on my face.

And just how many hours have you practiced in front of the mirror developing
that look of innocence?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2008-05-22, Puckdropper puckdropper wrote:
I usually clear mine out before removing it by squeezing the bottle. (The
tube is pointed somewhere safe, like a cardboard box.) That works two or
three times. After that, you might get lucky and have it clog near the
end where you can snip off the end of the tube. Sometimes running a thin
wire through also unclogs it.

Here's a couple of superglue tips. Keep it in the freezer and it
doesn't cure/clog.

Also don't squeeze the tube (unless you need a huge amount). As it
warms, it seems to flow like water and in my experience enough comes
out without squeezing for most jobs. Just tilt the tube and let
gravity do the work. Little implements like toothpicks can be handy.

Oh yes, wear gloves and have cleanup rags. I'm sure most people have
had a "Wile E Coyote" moment with cynoacrilate at some time. (I know I
have)