Posted to rec.woodworking

Default grinding down metal inlaid into wood

HI I'm putting some brass pins into wooden knife scales/handles for
the first time, but I'm not sure how I can grind down the brass
without damaging the wood. Any suggestions welcome!
cheers
DW
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 12, 5:21*am, dafyddw wrote:
HI I'm putting some brass pins into wooden knife scales/handles for
the first time, but I'm not sure how I can grind down the brass
without damaging the wood. Any suggestions welcome!
cheers
DW

I always just use a belt sander... I do this before final sanding on
the wood. So when sanding down the brass, I do the first pass on may
wood sanding at the same time.
I have some knife making pictures on my website under carving..

Randy
http://nokeswoodworks.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12 May, 11:55, randyswoodshoop wrote:
On May 12, 5:21*am, dafyddw wrote:

HI I'm putting some brass pins into wooden knife scales/handles for
the first time, but I'm not sure how I can grind down the brass
without damaging the wood. Any suggestions welcome!
cheers
DW

I always just use a belt sander... I do this before final sanding on
the wood. So when sanding down the brass, I do the first pass on may
wood sanding at the same time.
I have some knife making pictures on my website under carving..

Randyhttp://nokeswoodworks.com

Thanks Randy, great site, I'm sure I'll be referring back to it lots
of times!
cheers
David