Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - Solely in the interest of humanity...

.... and, of course, all my wooddorking buds hereabouts, I've come to the
decision (gallantly and altruistically if I may say so myself) to do ALL
ya'll a BIG favor:

Scientific analysis of some 40 + years of carefully gathered, personal
financial data suggests that _my_ investment in crude oil futures will
suffice to trigger an immediate and precipitous fall in oil prices, thereby
allowing a return to the more normal (and comforting) wRec discussions of
electrical and global warming issues, along with a reduced necessity on the
part of a proportionately more robust Chinese economy to engage in spam, to
the benefit of all.

AAMOF, I just called my broker, so wish me/us luck on all counts, and stay
tuned.

And above all remember that those who buy high and sell low, sacrifice for
_your_ salvation.

.... you're welcome!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
[...]

You must have gone to the same business school I did.

Thanks for the sacrifice!

--
Bill B.

http://home.comcast.net/~bberg100

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid
in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, 'WOW! What A RIDE!!" ... Unknown
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

[...]

Thank-you very much for your contribution to our financial well being! I
have a similar run with stocks; I've considered writing the CFO's of
corporations and telling them that for a small fee, I will *not* buy any of
their stock and enclosing a copy of my portfolio to back up my offer.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
Scientific analysis of some 40 + years of carefully gathered, personal
financial data suggests that _my_ investment in crude oil futures will
suffice to trigger an immediate and precipitous fall in oil prices,
thereby
allowing a return to the more normal (and comforting) wRec discussions of
electrical and global warming issues, along with a reduced necessity on
the
part of a proportionately more robust Chinese economy to engage in spam,
the benefit of all.

Thank you. I also have invested in oil products. Just today I bought
another $53 of the commodity and I'm storing it in a tank in my wife's car.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 8 May 2008 16:29:37 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

[...]

Thank you so much. I finally have an investment strategy. I can
short oil, go long on carbon credits and electrical components, and
start looking for opportunities in the Chinese stock market.

Your sacrifice is appreciated.

Frank
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message

Thank you so much. I finally have an investment strategy. I can
short oil, go long on carbon credits and electrical components, and
start looking for opportunities in the Chinese stock market.

ROFL ...

Your sacrifice is appreciated.

Glad to oblige you!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 8, 10:10 pm, Mark & Juanita wrote:
Swingman wrote:
[...]

I'd like to transfer all of my investments to the "Sell Short Fund",
but so far haven't found one.

--

FF

Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

Thanks but I feel left out.

Being from Pennsyltucky, my idea of an investment is the money spent
on lottery tickets.

My Grandfather said there was a word for people who think like that -
Democrats.

Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom Watson" wrote

Thanks but I feel left out.

Being from Pennsyltucky, my idea of an investment is the money spent
on lottery tickets.

Don't tell me that's NOT the case!?

My Grandfather said there was a word for people who think like that -
Democrats.

Damn, that makes me a bonafide political schizophrenic.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have a freind that plays the commodity market, a while back we talked
about the price of gold and how it has gone way up, he said if only he
had invested a year ago. I suggested to him the way things are going my
best investment could be lead, thats just to protect what I have.
Ross

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ross Hebeisen" wrote in message
I have a freind that plays the commodity market, a while back we talked
about the price of gold and how it has gone way up, he said if only he
had invested a year ago. I suggested to him the way things are going my
best investment could be lead, thats just to protect what I have.
Ross

Currently, already, Gold is in the crapper compared to a few months ago.
Down several hundreds per ounce IIRC.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 9, 5:05*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Ross Hebeisen" wrote in message

I have a freind that plays the commodity market, a while back we talked
about the price of gold and how it has gone way up, he said if only he
had invested a year ago. I suggested to him the way things are going my
best investment could be lead, thats just to protect what I have.
Ross

Currently, already, Gold is in the crapper compared to a few months ago.
Down several hundreds per ounce IIRC.

The word around here is Beany Babies. If that seems risky, try Cabbage
Patch Kids.
Some of my investor friends are still into TME futures.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 9, 3:40*pm, Tom Watson wrote:
[...]

I think the two-party system is divisive.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ya those cabbage patch kids, I've often thought
about buying a bunch of them and making sour kruat kids, shread'em up
pack'em in jars with one eye looking out.
ross

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

(In my best Scooby Doo voice): Huh??
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
On May 9, 3:40=A0pm, Tom Watson wrote:
On Thu, 8 May 2008 16:29:37 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:
... and, of course, all my wooddorking buds hereabouts, I've come to t=

he
decision (gallantly and altruistically if I may say so myself) to do A=

LL
ya'll a BIG favor:

Scientific analysis of some 40 + years of carefully gathered, personal=

financial data suggests that _my_ =A0investment in crude oil futures w=

[...]

Literal Translation: "Yes, Comrade".

Implication: one-party is the only alternative.

Acually: three parties are a lot more fun.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

Three parties are also divisive. Smaller piece of the pie, but still
divisive.

Or 35 parties and the 5 biggest can't form a coalition gov't.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message

Three parties are also divisive. Smaller piece of the pie, but still
divisive.

Or 35 parties and the 5 biggest can't form a coalition gov't.

How about NO Friggin Parties, Clubs, or Associations.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 13, 11:08 am, "Leon" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Three parties are also divisive. Smaller piece of the pie, but still
divisive.

Or 35 parties and the 5 biggest can't form a coalition gov't.

How about NO Friggin Parties, Clubs, or Associations.

I think that would be much better. Problem is, I also think
people have a right to association.

--

FF
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
On May 13, 11:08 am, "Leon" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Three parties are also divisive. Smaller piece of the pie, but still
divisive.

Or 35 parties and the 5 biggest can't form a coalition gov't.

How about NO Friggin Parties, Clubs, or Associations.

I think that would be much better. Problem is, I also think
people have a right to association.

As do I . How about the group forms after the election and dissolves when
the president leaves office. And or there is the peoples party that is
never elected but always remains of equal power to the law makers. The
government hot shots can propose all the laws and changes that they want but
every thing has to be voted on by the people.