Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT Children's wood swing

My wife is wanting to replace our old metal swing form the kids. Do
any of you know where free plans are or examples such as a good
picture of a children's wooden "play area" could get an idea of what
to build?

Thanks!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 8, 12:54*pm, ROY! wrote:
On Thu, 8 May 2008 09:17:08 -0700 (PDT), stryped
wrote:

My wife is wanting to replace our old metal swing form the kids. Do
any of you know where free plans are or examples such as a good
picture of a children's wooden "play area" *could get an idea of what
to build?

Thanks!

Where have you looked so far?

I have looked online but have not had much luck in finding anything
really good.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"stryped" wrote:

My wife is wanting to replace our old metal swing form the kids. Do
any of you know where free plans are or examples such as a good
picture of a children's wooden "play area" could get an idea of what
to build?

Why free?

Regardless of the cost of the plans, doubt it will exceed 2%-3% of the
project cost.

Look elsewhere in the project for cost reductions, IMHO.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 8, 2:53 pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"stryped" wrote:
My wife is wanting to replace our old metal swing form the kids. Do
any of you know where free plans are or examples such as a good
picture of a children's wooden "play area" could get an idea of what
to build?

Why free?

Regardless of the cost of the plans, doubt it will exceed 2%-3% of the
project cost.

Look elsewhere in the project for cost reductions, IMHO.

Lew

I agree with Lew. I bought the book linked below and it's been a nice
resource.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0696225557

I wish I could build more than just the simple swing set I have built
from the book, but with 2 busy parents and a 20 month old it's hard to
find the time to get out there and get work like that done.

The simple swing set I built based on the plans in the book cost me
around $100 in materials to build and the equivalent of a weekend
worth of work. I did it mostly myself but a sturdy helping hand will
be a big help when it comes time to drop the frame into the holes.

When you can buy this book and get it shipped to your door for less
than $10, and it has not only a few swing sets but nice plans for a
number of other plans I can't see it being a bad purchase.

-Nathan

PS: if you do build this yourself, consider buying a pneumatic palm
nailer. It'll come in handy when you're putting the corner braces on
the bottom of the frame.

Children's Clothing The Various Types [email protected] Woodworking 0 April 19th 08 11:06 AM
CHILDREN'S FURNITURE PROJECTS - PDF J T Woodworking 0 August 10th 07 07:56 AM
Recommended Wood for Outdoor Swing Georgepag Woodworking 17 June 16th 07 01:11 AM
Porch swing wood Steve B Woodworking 5 November 17th 06 07:33 PM
Children's Alphabet Blocks [email protected] Woodworking 5 October 25th 05 07:10 PM