Posted to rec.woodworking

Default test to see if group is back online

Anyone here. Earthlink has other groups working but this one has had no
activity for weeks.
Thanks Lyndell
P.S. If anyone gets this ping me.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks Bob. I had to do a total reset here and everything is back up. Have
not got anything since 3/29/08.
It will take a while to catch up. :-)
Lyndell

"bob kater" wrote in message
ping

"Lyndell Thompson" wrote in message
m...
Anyone here. Earthlink has other groups working but this one has had no
activity for weeks.
Thanks Lyndell
P.S. If anyone gets this ping me.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 3 May 2008 19:43:16 -0400, "Lyndell Thompson"
wrote:

Anyone here. Earthlink has other groups working but this one has had no
activity for weeks.
Thanks Lyndell
P.S. If anyone gets this ping me.

Nope, we're not here... must be your imagination?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lyndell Thompson wrote:
Anyone here. Earthlink has other groups working but this one has
had
no activity for weeks.
Thanks Lyndell
P.S. If anyone gets this ping me.

LT:

You're going to like this. Several of my newsgroups coming through
Earthlink
stopped their feeds late last month. Before that, I had a doubling
of some recent
posts in certain ngs. After talking to India several times, where
the focus was on selling me
"tune-up software irrelevant to the problem, I protested both to
the sales arm
of the company and made a call to corporate HQ, where the girl
kept asking
about "Newsnet" and "use groups".

Not one single admission from them that they were the problem.
What an abysmal bungle.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.woodworking

Glad to hear that it wasn't just me. Overall I am pleased with earthlink but
once or twice a year I will go thru this type of thing. This is the first
time I had to reset all NG (delete) to get them all up again. Thanks for
sharing your experience as well.
Lyndell

"Edward Hennessey" wrote in message
Lyndell Thompson wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

I may have to do the same. Thanks for the tip.
Lyndell

"Dave Balderstone"
it looks like earthlink gets they're feed from Giganews. THAT's the
problem.

Giganews bought Supernews and proceed to F* everything that was good
about Supernews.

I canceled my account, moved to individual.net and haven't looked back.

--
Woodworking links and more at http://www.woodenwabbits.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 4 May 2008 21:25:16 -0400, "Lyndell Thompson"
wrote:

I may have to do the same. Thanks for the tip.
Lyndell

"Dave Balderstone"
it looks like earthlink gets they're feed from Giganews. THAT's the
problem.

Giganews bought Supernews and proceed to F* everything that was good
about Supernews.

I canceled my account, moved to individual.net and haven't looked back.

--
Woodworking links and more at http://www.woodenwabbits.com

I'm very happy with APN... only $3 a month and works well..
http://www.forteinc.com/apn/index.php