Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Harbor Freight - Extended Warranty

Lobby Dosser wrote in news:X3xSj.5747
$Bd1.2975@trndny09:

That's right, HF is now offering extended warranties. Got to the cash
register the other day with a ten dollar electric buffer and the clerk
asked if I wanted to buy an extended warranty for it. I started laughing
and he took that as a no. I think the price was in the neighborhood of
what I'd just paid for the buffer.

My friend calls his garage the "Central Oklahoma Military-Industrial
Complex". He does a LOT of work in carbon- and glass-fiber stuff. He goes
through Dremel-style grinders about one every two weeks. The schmutz he
grinds just eats up the bearings and brushes. The Sears Craftsman stuff
was great for a while but now they won't warrantee it any more because they
claim "excessive and extraordinary use". HF still hands them over, but he
rotates stores so he doesn't go to the same one too often.