Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
Dan Dan is offline

Default Delta drum sander drive roller

I just bought a used Delta 31-255x. Works pretty good. Looks like it's been
used steady but treated well.

The only thing that bothers me is the infeed drive roller. When the bed is
raised so the drum will take off about a 64th, the wood will bump into the
drive roller and stay there until you give it a good healthy push downward
so it gets under the roller. Then it moves along just fine. As it comes out
the other side there's a solid THUNK as it comes out from under the front
drive roller and it returns to its stop.

Otherwise, the unit works fine. The piece comes out pretty even, same
thickness both sides so it looks like the drum is adjusted right, the feed
belt is tracking right.

This is my first drum sander. I haven't used one at all before. Can someone
tell me if that infeed drive roller is behaving the way it should?

Dan

Delta drum sander Tim Taylor Woodworking 10 August 17th 06 02:06 PM
Delta X5 versus Performax drum sander - BillyBob Woodworking 6 July 27th 05 03:33 AM
Delta Drum Sander Mike G Woodworking 3 January 1st 05 10:55 AM
Delta Drum Sander 16 x 32 Pierre Boucher Woodworking 5 March 29th 04 03:18 PM
FS Delta drum sander and planer Jon Endres, PE Woodworking 5 January 10th 04 06:47 PM