Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How do I take of my Wheel on my bandsaw

I'm wondering how I can take off the wheel on my band saw. It is a
standalone 14" Import, but very nice, made in Taiwan. It looks like I have
to use a wheel puller, is that how it is done? I got some new tires, and the
instructions say, take off the wheel. So if any of you distinguished
woodworkers could please give me a hint, I would appreciate it a
lot......Peter

Posted to rec.woodworking

"pmaston" wrote in message
. ..
I'm wondering how I can take off the wheel on my band saw. It is a
standalone 14" Import, but very nice, made in Taiwan. It looks like I have
to use a wheel puller, is that how it is done? I got some new tires, and
the instructions say, take off the wheel. So if any of you distinguished
woodworkers could please give me a hint, I would appreciate it a
lot......Peter

On my Jet 14" BS, you just take the nut off and then the wheel comes right
off. No wheel puller is required. IIRC, the nut is reverse thread.

Posted to rec.woodworking

nut is reverse thread.

That's the secret!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"pmaston" wrote in message
. ..
I'm wondering how I can take off the wheel on my band saw. It is a
standalone 14" Import, but very nice, made in Taiwan. It looks like I have
to use a wheel puller, is that how it is done? I got some new tires, and
the instructions say, take off the wheel. So if any of you distinguished
woodworkers could please give me a hint, I would appreciate it a
lot......Peter

If after removing the bolt/nut the wheel does not easily slide off, you then
need a puller.