Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Carter quick release

I have a 1940 Delta 14" which has been restored and works like a
dream. Any comments on the Carter quick release addon?
Using the saw a lot it seems like a good idea or is it one of those
nice to haves?
Thanks

******

Phil

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 13, 2:49*am, Phil H wrote:
I have a 1940 Delta 14" which has been restored and works like a
dream. Any comments on the Carter quick release addon?
Using the saw a lot it seems like a good idea or is it one of those
nice to haves?
Thanks

******

Phil

** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

I think is this a nice have, If I had plenty of money or a production
shop, I would look at this.. but for now I do it manually.

Randy
http://nokeswoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Phil H" wrote in message

I have a 1940 Delta 14" which has been restored and works like a
dream. Any comments on the Carter quick release addon?
Using the saw a lot it seems like a good idea or is it one of those
nice to haves?
Thanks

******

Phil

"SOME" quick releases simply ease up on the tension, some ease the tension
enough to actually remove the blade. If you are looking to release the
tension enough to actually remove the blade you should inquire to insure
that the one you are considering will actually do this.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 09:24:56 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

"SOME" quick releases simply ease up on the tension, some ease the tension
enough to actually remove the blade. If you are looking to release the
tension enough to actually remove the blade you should inquire to insure
that the one you are considering will actually do this.

Thanks. I posted this twice and going by the previous answers will go
the make my own crankhandle route.

******

Phil