Posted to rec.woodworking

Default best price on saw blades???

Where can I find the best prices on saw blades for my Jet 10 in table saw.
And are their any suggestions as to the best brand. I'll be using it for
general purpose cutting.

thanx
bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

"BD" wrote in message
Where can I find the best prices on saw blades for my Jet 10 in table saw.
And are their any suggestions as to the best brand. I'll be using it for
general purpose cutting.

It will be difficult to go wrong with either a Forrest or Freud brand. Most
wooddorkers who have experienced it will recommend the Forrest WWII 40 tooth
1/8" kerf blade for your saw above.

I highly concur, as I own three of them. They can be sharpened many times,
making the initial cost very reasonable over time.

Best price is generally seen at a woodworking show ... if that's not
available to you, DAGS.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 9, 10:34*am, "BD" wrote:
Where can I find the best prices on saw blades for my Jet 10 in table saw.
And are their any suggestions as to the best brand. *I'll be using it for
general purpose cutting.

thanx
bill

Well Amazon has a TON of blades for sale. But if you want to keep it
local, I would find a hardware store. Neither HD or Lowes sells a wide
variety of blades, and even then they seem to be sub par...for
instance HD sells Freud blades but they are their Diablo line, which I
have read arent as good as regular Freud.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:34:24 -0500, "BD" wrote:

Where can I find the best prices on saw blades for my Jet 10 in table saw.
And are their any suggestions as to the best brand. I'll be using it for
general purpose cutting.

thanx
bill

Best prices are usually at Harbor Fright..

Best blades? Anywhere but there...

mac

Please remove [dot]splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

"BD" wrote in message
m...
Where can I find the best prices on saw blades for my Jet 10 in table saw.
And are their any suggestions as to the best brand. I'll be using it for
general purpose cutting.

thanx
bill

General purpose cutting? What are your expectations and how general will
the cutting be?

For construction grade lumber and use, a $15 blade from Sears will do the
job. For more serious work where you care what the final cut looks like,
spend $50 to $150 for Ridge Carbide, Forrest, Freud, Infinity etc. Check
their web sites or Amazon. A 40T combination blade is probably best. Good
blades really do cut smoother and faster.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"BD" wrote in message
m...
Where can I find the best prices on saw blades for my Jet 10 in table saw.
And are their any suggestions as to the best brand. I'll be using it for
general purpose cutting.

thanx
bill

General purpose cutting? What are your expectations and how general will
the cutting be?

For construction grade lumber and use, a $15 blade from Sears will do the
job. For more serious work where you care what the final cut looks like,
spend $50 to $150 for Ridge Carbide, Forrest, Freud, Infinity etc. Check
their web sites or Amazon. A 40T combination blade is probably best. Good
blades really do cut smoother and faster.

Some of the cheapest blades I found that are worth using were bought
at a local lumberyard. NOTE: "NOT" the big chains.

All the counter guy said was "Yea, the guy's like these blades."

They are just the store brand. Cheap HD blades are no more than scrap
metal in comparison.

LdB

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

"BD" wrote in message
Where can I find the best prices on saw blades for my Jet 10 in
table saw. And are their any suggestions as to the best brand.
I'll be using it for general purpose cutting.

It will be difficult to go wrong with either a Forrest or Freud
brand. Most wooddorkers who have experienced it will recommend the
Forrest WWII 40 tooth 1/8" kerf blade for your saw above.

I highly concur, as I own three of them. They can be sharpened many
times, making the initial cost very reasonable over time.

Best price is generally seen at a woodworking show ... if that's not
available to you, DAGS.

You might check out http://www.cripedistributing.com/. They're prices
are pretty good but their selection is limited. They buy overstocks and
packaging changes. They're convent for me since I live in the same city
where they're located. Jim